I have debated all weekend whether or not to post about our big win on Friday. I didn’t want to come off as boastful or prideful in any way, so please don’t think that I am. I finally decided that I would be ungrateful if I didn’t record this as part of my favorite memories.
A month or so ago, they announced this contest on the radio, "New Look For a New Year". This was the prize package:
Over $400 in services from Merle Norman! A membership to Curves! A beautiful mirror from Emerald Gardens! Teeth Whitening from Dr. Spendlove and Dr. Larsen! A stunning pair of earrings from Sierra West jewelery! Beautiful table lamps from Contractors Warehouse! A great gift from New Look Salon! A cut and color valued near $120 from PINK salon! and a cruise for two thanks to Ken Garff!
G.J. and I were driving along and I told him how awesome that would be. Well, he nominated us. He sent an email that said something about how we were married very young, have 3 little kids, went to college, worked hard to get where we are at in life, and would like to spend some time on us and relax a little. I read the email but deleted it thinking there was no way we would ever win. I thought it was very sweet though.
Well, I was driving down the road Friday evening, about 5 and the lady came on the radio and said, “we are going to announce the winner of our contest.” Well I had all but forgotten about it, but thought that would be so cool if we won. Well, WE DID!!!!!! She announced our names and I lost it. I NEVER cry EVER. I immediately started crying. I think it was because she said that the whole radio crew had read his email and of all the submissions, they all felt that we deserved it the most.
I have always given of myself 110% to my husband, kids, church things, family, and house. I got married and had kids so young, but I never wanted to be a dead beat teenage mom, who cares more about herself than her kids. So I have kind of gotten into a bad habit of cleaning the house, and making my kids look so nice, yet forgetting myself. I usually get a shower, but unless I am going somewhere important, my hair and makeup never get done. I just thought that I was being unselfish, but I realize now that I need to take care of myself too. I have never considered myself special or different than any other mother out there. There are many sacrifices involved in so many ways to be parents. G.J. and I have both given all we have, just like so many other parents. So I guess in a way I felt guilty that we won, when there are so many other people who deserve it just as much or more than us. But, the fact that G.J. wrote the email, and we were picked makes me feel so grateful and deserving and happy and all the emotions that come with this sort of a thing.
The only thing I hated was the live interview that I had to give on the radio with my voice being broadcast during rush hour to heaven knows how many people. I really don’t like attention like that. Now everywhere I go, it gets mentioned. Guess this will be the last very public contest we enter…LOL.
So, I took a picture of the winnings. The lamps and mirror are soo pretty. All the gift certificates will go to great use. As far as the cruise, the details are a bit sketchy. We would have to find the time off from G.J.’s job, and then money for airfare and some other things, so we will keep you all updated. So, thanks to XRQ the radio station, and thanks to G.J., and thank you for the radio crew that chose us. Have a good day!
11 comments:
that is so cool. I am so happy for you. You do deserve it, your not bosting!!! starting out as young as you did, with no college behind you had to be hard. But I knew you were truly someone who could do it. Your so strong and so passionate about what you do, so I knew you'd be a good mom, and that GJ would be a good dad. You guys are awesome. and congrats that is so awesome for you!!!
Oh my goodness! I about cried for you when I read your post. You definitely deserve it - congratulations. That's so exciting.
If anyone deserves it, it is you. I am happy for you. Enjoy being pampered. Also my email for the "thing" can't remember what it is called, anyways, my email is
jeseniawalker@hotmail.com
Thanks
Holy Cow! That is so awesome. You guys deserve it. I am so excited for you. Have fun with it all.
Wow I am so excited for you that is so awesome!!! I think you deserve it just as much or MORE than anyone else CONGRATS!!!!
love, ashley laris
Wow, That is Awesome. Congrats. I never thought anyone really one those contests. I guess I was wrong. It sounds like you got a lot of fun things! I hope you get to go somewhere fun on your cruise! How nice to get to pamper yourself for a while. You have a beautiful family. Keep up the good work.
Love,
Megan
How exciting, Kandice! I am so happy for you. And Jesenia is right: if anyone deserves it, it's you and GJ. You guys have worked so hard and I know that you have sacrificed a lot for your kids. You are a great mom, GJ's a great dad, and you both deserve it! Congratulations!
super cool! it looks like some fun things! I never know the people that win these kind of things so it is fun to know someone that actually won!
That is so awesome. How fun!! I hope you enjoy it, it sounds like you deserve it.
Sha
YEAH!!!!! I fell like I know a celebrity. You guys totally deserve it and I am so happy for you. YOu guys have made the best out of your situation and you will forever be blessed for it. Good things happen to good people. I love you to death!!!!
YEAH!!!!! I fell like I know a celebrity. You guys totally deserve it and I am so happy for you. YOu guys have made the best out of your situation and you will forever be blessed for it. Good things happen to good people. I love you to death!!!!
Post a Comment