Thursday, February 7, 2008

Winter Woes

Well, I am officially tired of winter. I have had it. I think everyone reading this from around this area will say “amen” to that. I have been very healthy all winter, but this week I just haven’t felt too well. I have the chills, then the sweats, a headache, body aches, etc. I haven’t wanted to leave the house at all, or even go outside to get the mail. It is bad enough to drag all three kids along with coats, boots, and gloves just to do simple errands, so being sick makes it all that much worse.
I cannot in all my almost 25 years remember a winter this bad and cold and yucky. It seems like we have had more snow, colder temperatures, and been literally “frozen” for months. I look outside at all the snow and have no hope at all that it will melt. Usually by my birthday in March, the snow is gone, and flowers and grass are starting to replace it. I don’t think that will happen this year. I think some of the reasons I am having a hard time being so cold is that my parents are going on a cruise to much warmer weather, my brother has been in Costa Rica in much warmer weather, and my in-laws are in AZ where it is much warmer. I wish I could be whisked away with any of them, even for just a day or two. In fact, I think it is warmer almost everywhere than it is here. I was paying bills, and the kids were watching a cartoon and the theme was “springtime.” It made me so sad that I just had to blog about it.
So, although I know the snow is wonderful for our crops and lands and all that, it is time to go. We have had a very healthy winter for the most part, and for that I am grateful more than I can ever say. So, I just have to hang in there and know that it will all be over and a distant memory sooner than I know it. So warm and good wishes to everyone, thanks for reading my complaints!

5 comments:

Liberti said...

Ditto! - It just stopped snowing here for the umpteenth time this winter and you'd think the heavens would be all dried up by now! I guess all thoes prayers from past years of drought are finally being answered!

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

Me,too! I am sooo ready for Spring. I'm sick of feeling locked up inside my house all day. But our weather's not nearly as cold as yours...so I am so sorry!

Danielle Hacking said...

I was just telling a friend how ready I am to wear my spring/summer clothes, it is so time for spring! Vernal has been so freezing! Its a little warmer in SLC, but we still have a ton of snow, and it snows almost everyday!
I'm with you, time to go Winter!
Hope you and your family are doing well!
Love, Dani

Candace and Brian said...

AMEN. I'm tired of the weather too. Brian and I are hermits with our blinds shut, in blankets, and depressed I'm afaid.

Janice {Run Far} said...

When you going to post about yout winnings? I want all the details...again.