Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The day (another one) about cute kids

Well, I am sure on a roll with my blogging. I usually only do once a week or so, but my kids said some cute things, and my memory isn't the best these days, so I decided to hurry and record them.
My parents have been in Southern Mexico on a Book of Mormon historical tour type thing. It is a very poor city where they were, and to make matters worse, there was a flood in October washing away what little these poor people had. There were some little kids selling some dolls. My parents bought some and gave the kids extra money and they were so thrilled. Anyways, my mom was telling Hallie all about these poor little kids and how Hallie should feel very lucky for being so blessed. We got home and I was tucking Hallie into bed and she said, "I'm so glad I have these dolls, I bet those little kids had to cut up a couch or somethin' to make them, and then I bet they stuffed them with anything they could find. I feel so sad that they are so poor." I thought it was so sweet that she was so concerned that they had to "cut up a couch or somethin'." I can't wait to get the pictures back that my parents took so that she can see the little kids and maybe be even more grateful for the life that she has.
My Gavin is not quite as concerned. He got a cute wooden jaguar, slingshot, and top- all made by little kids as well. When we got home, I talked to him about it as I clipped his fingernails. After we were done all he said was, "mom, I sure wish you wouldn't have cut my fingernails, I liked picking my nose with those." Go Figure...lol.
Have a great day! -

6 comments:

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

Hi Kandice,
I love this bloging, at first Steph and I were a little skeptical, but now I am hooked. You have a cute family. Be sure and enjoy every minute, because they grow up sooooooooo fast.
Take Care
Megan

Mandy said...

oh my heck!

What do you say to that? lol Sorry gavin. he he he he he he he he

Kristi said...

That is so funny!! That is the difference between a boy and a girl, your little Hallie sounds so sweet and sensitive. I always try to remember and write down what Easton says right away as well, or else I forget.

Jesenia said...

Hello-
Yes I will definatley be there on Saturday, I am so excited to watch. Especially my little Janelle. I will look for you.

Briana said...

Your kids are hilarious! Every time I read your blog it makes me laugh. Wish I lived in Utah and I would go to State with you all. :)

Candace and Brian said...

That cracks me up about Gavin. It actually grossed me out. That is funny though. Hallie seems so sweet and concerned. You just have a picture perfect little family. So glad we have found each other's blogs. It's fun to know what your neighbors are up to.