Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The day of being Tagged.

I love an excuse to blog! It is my new favorite activity. Although, I find it hard to really talk and brag about myself. I think I have a pretty average life. Nothing to exciting but not WAY boring. Just Average. So when I got the invite from Mandy to play this "TAG" game, I welcomed the opportunity. Bear with me as I take on the challenge!!

The rules:

A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.

B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves. (I chose to do thing that people might not know about me)

C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

  1. I was almost kidnapped as a child. NO JOKE! I don’t think I have told hardly anybody this story. My whole family, cousins, aunts, grandparents and all used to make a yearly trip to Lagoon. We would make a huge deal out of it, because we were just some country bumpkins in the great big city! Anyways, we went to stay at the Chase Hotel and Suites which is in downtown Salt Lake. My mom was in the shower, and she told my dad to watch me. This is in 1985 by the way, when I was 2. So drag racing was on TV, and my dad got a little preoccupied. I somehow managed to get out of the room. Well, I obviously don’t remember the rest, but my mom said that they searched for over 30 minutes for me. She even ran down the street when she seen a stroller and pushed the lady aside to look in the stroller because she thought I was in it. Finally, my cousin Jamie noticed me down a hallway with a woman and she was walking into a room with me. He yelled, “KANDICE!” and she stopped and he grabbed me and she went in the room and hid. It was just terrible from what I hear. My mom was so upset that she didn’t even go to lagoon.
  2. I was a really good dancer at one point. I danced and did gymnastics from the time I was 3. I clogged, did jazz/ballet/lyrical, you name it, I did it. I was on drill team in high school, and made the All-State Team my junior year. I still like to dance, but weighing like 40 lbs more than I did back then makes it a little harder.
  3. I was valedictorian of my graduating class. I was a FREAK about getting straight A’s. I never accepted less. I worked so hard to do my best. At the time, I think it was a little bit of a control issue I had. But now, I am grateful I did it. My parents had a college fund for me, but since I had a full ride scholarship to Utah State, I got to use that money for a down payment on our first house, and that has been such a blessing.
  4. I have a few strange pet peeves. Actually I have a LOT of pet peeves and things that people do to bug the living HELL out of me, but I rarely say anything because I am such a nice gal. The first thing that makes my skin crawl is the feeling of cotton balls. It is all squeaky and gross and sticks to my dry skin, YUCK I had chills just thinking of it. The next is people calling too early in the morning. Just because some people are retarded enough to wake up at 5 a.m. DOES NOT mean that I do. Someone called at 8:10 this morning, and I have had a long week with my sick baby and I was so mad that they woke me up. 9 o’clock is a very nice time to call. The last thing that bothers me is people chewing loudly and grossly and in my ear. We weren’t born in barns people. Gross.
  5. I am a good lifelong friend. I feel sort of gay to brag on something like that, but I am glad I can be a good friend. I try to never lose friends, which is partly due to the fact that I rarely let people inside my little shell very often. I have to test the waters for awhile and get a true judge of character before I will let myself become totally involved with a friend. If they don’t meet my standards, then they just remain a friendly acquaintance, instead of someone who I will share my whole life with and then have to not like so much later. My closest friends have remained true and good and will remain so forever I hope. I will blog on each of them separately later. I do have several friends that I gain from church, Bunco, card swap, and just through passing here and there. I try to always be happy and approachable. Although I know everyone does not and will not always like me, I hope I can leave this earth with lots and lots of friends, and no enemies.
  6. I hope that my friends know that I have a testimony of the gospel. I believe this church is true with every fiber of my being. I marvel all the time that I was selected to be born in the USA, in Utah, in Vernal, and in a home that was blessed to already know of this church. I am so lucky and grateful. I love having that stability in my life when we live in a world that is so unsteady. I love my savior and what he does for me every day. I love the scriptures and believe whole heartedly that reading them blesses your life and gives you answers and guidance. I am truly a believer in prayer, I feel like a walking prayer person sometimes because that is all I do. But it works! I hope that my friends know, and whoever might read this will know that I am trying my hardest to be a good person. I am FAR from perfect, but I am trying, and I hope that matters.

So, there you go. Some things you may have already known, and maybe some you haven’t. I have only one friend who hasn’t been tagged, and that is Jesenia, so she better continue the trend! Thanks Mandy for the Invite!

No comments: