So, today I am sick. Crap is all I can say. I HATE BEING SICK. I never ever get sick. I can think of like one time in the last year or so that I have had a cold/flu bug. I think the lord knows that my kids get sick so much, that if I get sick too I would be pushed over the edge. I tried to think of my health my whole life, and although it has been pretty eventful, I know that I am very very lucky to not have the terrible illnesses that are out there. I decided to give you a little of my major health stories. My first surgery occurred when I was 1 and had tubes in my ears. Next came my tonsils when I was 7. After that, I was a healthy gal, until middle school came and I had mono. That was not fun at all, and I still suffer with it every now and again. Then in high school I had an intestinal problem. It was a bunch of crap, and I will just leave it at that. Then I got pregnant, and that is when all hell broke loose. I suffered from Hyperemesis Gravidarium. That is a great big fancy word for wicked morning sickness. I was hospitalized a total of 10 times during my 3 pregnancies from complications with that. When I was pregnant with Hallie, I had to have my appendix out, so that was the next surgery. Then Hallie came and that went well. After that, I had my wisdom teeth, nothin like yankin' teeth and loosing 15 lbs because my mouth hurt so bad. Wish I had some more teeth to pull cuz those 15 lbs are back...lol. Then my pregnancy and delivery with Gavin went ok. After Gavin, I had some major women problems if you know what I mean. Lots of hormone therapy, ovarian cysts the size of oranges that required 2 surgeries. I also had to have a cyst in my jaw removed, it formed where one of my wisdom teeth was. Then I had my sweet Kayler. I had another weirdo disease called thrombocytopenia. This just means low blood platelets and clotting ability, so I had to have him all naturale, and MY HECK that hurt, I get a little nauseous just thinking of it. After I had him, I had a big gob of scar tissue from my appendix and ovary surgeries. So, when he was 3 months old, I had my right ovary removed. That was no fun. Nothing like cutting your stomach in half. I did well until last May, when that blood condition came back, and I had to have Uterine Ablation done. That was not very enjoyable either. SO, I have had more than my fair share of health crap go on, but like I said before, it is nothing at all compared to the many debilitating illnesses that other people have to deal with every single day. Besides that, I have kids to take care of, and although the pain of the things I have went through was bad, there is nothing worse than having one of my precious angles be in pain and there is nothing that I can do to take it away. So, I know I will feel better soon, and I pray for a happy healthy life for me, my family, and my friends. Have a good day!
1 comment:
oh my gosh, Kandice! We're lucky to still have you!! Will the blood disease ever come back?
Post a Comment