Thursday, November 1, 2007

The day of Halloween





Our Halloween this year was great! I feel so bad that G.J. was out of town and had to miss it. It was a lot like the Halloween’s that I remember as a kid. I think that the time change being later this year, along with the weather being nice, it helped out a TON. My kids were so cute and excited.

I hate Halloween costume drama, but we still had a little this year. Hallie wanted to be a Chinese girl. So, my brother Kris brought her some Chinese outfit from New York. She wore it once and got it dirty, so I washed it. Well, it fell to shreds. G.J.’s mom worked all day on it getting it back together. By this time, I had borrowed a witch outfit from her cousin. So on Halloween, we decided to bag the Chinese idea, and just go with easy witch since I hadn’t bought anything else for her Chinese costume. I didn’t give Kayler or Gavin a choice this year, because it is just easier that way for now. Gavin was a dragon, and Kayler a lion and they were so warm and cute.

Our day was very nice and boring, just stayed home all day and relaxed. We then went and got some dinner at Wendy’s. Then we found the face painting lady, she does such a good job, and cheap too! The kids thought that was awesome. We then went to my Grandma Stewart’s, my mom’s trunk or treat at her ward, caught up with Grandma and Grandpa Searle, did my ward’s trunk or treat, my Grandma Bowthorpe’s, and finally home, washed up, and in bed by 8:30. It was nice and smooth and free of any problems except for one. As you can see in the pictures, Hallie and Gavin’s faces are completely green. Well, that paint came off ok, but left a definitely noticeable green hue on their faces. I scrubbed for 30 minutes last night and this morning. I had to send Hallie off to school this morning with a green face. But, she didn’t mind. I will work on Gavin’s a little more. Hallie said that next year she would be cat so she would only have to have her nose painted and some whiskers. Such a logical girl.

I think we are in for lots of days of sugar high’s. I brought their candy home and dumped it into my 40 cup Tupperware bowl. It completely filled it and then some. That is just sickening. Oh well, I need a treat or too here and there, or more like every time I pass the bowl! Hope you all had a happy Halloween, have a good day!

2 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

Oh my heck your kids looked so so so cute. I almost didnt recognize Hallie. She looked so good. Hope you had fun

Mandy said...

Hallie's face looks amazing! she looks like a real live witch, and Gavin looks kinda scary. You know how i feel about scary stuff!!! Of course, Kayler was adorable. Love ya!