
I have decided that I need to dedicate a whole day of blogging to each member of my family because they are so important to me. My first day I will dedicate to my firstborn,- my sweetheart little girl Hallie.
She is 7 years old. She was born on September 28th, 2000. She was a darling baby, precious in every way. She was smart from the beginning, always eager to learn and does so all on her own and loves it. She learned to talked very young. I could have a conversation with her by the time she was 18 months old. She is still to this day talking my ear off and always has the funniest, most clever things to say. She has always had a very special spirit about her. I remember once in sacrament meeting when she was almost 3, we sang "I Know my Redeemer Lives" and she just started crying. I asked her what was wrong and she said "I just keep thinking of the owies in Jesus' hands and it makes me feel sad." We had a family home evening lesson earlier in the week about his death, and I think she just remembered it during that song and it was so touching.
She loves animals, and says that when she grows up she is going to be a veterinarian. Which is a little sad because she is MAJORLY allergic to cats and lot of animals with fluffy hair. Her eyes get bloodshot and they swell shut. Her wildest dreams came true on her birthday this year when her Grandma and Grandpa Searle bought her a puppy. His name is Dexter and she spends most of her time with him outside. He is still in that puppy stage and nips at her clothes and shoes and it freaks her out a little and it is so cute. I seen her out there today with her "poop bucket"- as she calls it- walking around picking up after him. I think they are going to be great pals. Along with that, she likes to dance. Some days, she doesn't want to go because "it's too hard", but after we leave she loves it. She is performing in the Nutcracker this December. Her other favorite thing to do is to draw, which she if very good at. She is a better artist than me by far. She loves her littlest pet shops and all sorts of little toys like that.
She loves her friends. She makes them so easily. She loves to have them over to play and loves to be invited to anything, especially birthday parties. Just tonight her little friend Taylor and her mom Janice (who is my friend) and I all went to dinner and to Wal-Mart after. They were so cute and funny. It was a good time and made me sit back and realize how grown up she is becoming -sniffle, tear- She really loves all her cousins and grandmas and grandpas. She doesn't like to be bothered by her little brothers, but she is also sweet to them when she is in the mood, and loves to teach them stuff. This afternoon it was her goal to get Gavin to learn his letters, I think if she fails as a veterinarian, she would make a great teacher.
I love her with all my heart. I never had a sister of my own, but nothing compares to having her as my daughter. I want to rescue her from any heartache that I may have felt growing up, but I know that I can not only be her mother, but a friend to listen and to lovingly guide her. She is so smart and bright and I know she will go far in life. So here's to all the days that I have had with my little Hallie, and to all the wonderful days I know we will have in the future.
1 comment:
Hallie is so much fun we just love her here at our house. She slept over last night and of course she was an angel. Thanks for letting us have her stay the night.
Post a Comment