Monday, October 29, 2007

The day all about my Georgie


I should have put my husband first on the blogs about my family, because he was the beginning of it all, so sorry G.J.! But, I will end on him today. He is gone right now to training for work for 4 days. He left last night, and won't be home until Thursday. So, I am missing his help and love and support about now, and I still have lots of days left!

G.J. and I first met in 1998 at a Drill Team thing I was in charge of. He was tying to pick up on the ladies by joining the boy’s Drill team, which I just happened to be the coach of. Well, none of the other girls wanted him, so he settled for me. (lol. j/k g.j.) We had our first date soon after, I believe he took me “digging” as he called it. That is where you take a beater 4x4 into the hills and try to go up insane hills, not my idea of romantic or fun, but I think he just wanted to have an excuse for me to grab his hand. After that, we were pretty much inseparable. I was his first kiss……I feel a little bad, yet honored for being the one to break in those virgin lips of his. We continued to date through high school and we got married in May of 2000.

We first lived in G.J’s parent’s home, because they were living at the ranch at the time. They put their house up for sale and so that summer, we found a duplex, and it was so cute. It was right behind K-Mart, and we loved it. We scored at $400 a month rent. I think the rent on it now is like $950. We welcomed Hallie into our family in that little duplex. G.J. worked at the ranch for his parents that whole year until 2001 when he got a job at Coca-Cola.

This brings me to G.J.’s work career. He is a very good worker, very well liked by all who meet him. He is kind, patient, and very smart with what he does. He also does his very best. None of his work is just so-so; it is always the full amount of perfection. He was in college the whole time that he worked at coke. Those hours became terrible. He would go to work from 6-6, school from 6:30-10:30, and then home straight to bed. His college classes were pretty intense. Because he is a smarty pants, he had classes like chemistry and physics and the most advanced math available at the college, it was insane. Later that year, we moved into our house in the same neighborhood. It was so cute and our little family was so happy. I decided to take the leap and go back to school and take advantage of the full tuition/fees scholarship I had at Utah State, so I did. Then, it all got very interesting when I found out I was pregnant with Gavin. G.J. and I were both going to school full time, had a 2 yr. old, a mortgage, bills, stress, and another baby on the way. It was so hard, but as I look back on it, that was truly some of our happiest times together.

After Gavin was born, I graduated with my associate’s degree when Gavin was 3 months old. We stayed in our house until that December when we moved to where we are now. G.J. had gone through a few promotions at Coke, but that fall he had enough. They were under new ownership, and even though he is so patient in every way, he wasn’t taking it any more. So he quit, and had 3 or 4 part time jobs to make ends meet for awhile. He finally got hired full time at the school district. That was really nice. He enjoyed the work, the people, and the kids. It was good for him. He finally graduated college in May of 2005 with a bachelor's in Business Information Systems, or basically computer genius as I call it, something I am definitely not good at. The next year, 2006 he had a great opportunity to work for Moon Lake Electric doing their computers. He started his job the same day that Kayler was born, wow, what a whirlwind that was. They absolutely loved him over there. They were so good to him. He liked his job so well; that we actually even considered moving over there to Roosevelt, how scary is that?! Well, although he loved it there, he finally got tired of the drive, and his opportunity for advancement was pretty small, so we prayed and prayed that something would come up here. It finally did, and he is now working for Vernal City as their IT tech/GIS spec. Manager. Something like that. He is glad to finally have a position that is exactly what he suffered through 5 years of college for.

Through these almost 10 years that I have known G.J., we have gone through SO much. There are so many details that I have left out about our marriage and our life together. But what I need him to know is that he is a wonderful husband and father and all around great person. He is so good to me in every way. I don’t know where he gets his patience, it is amazing. Most important, he loves me no matter what. Whether I am fat/skinny, having an ugly/pretty day, or even when I am downright ornery or emotional. He is so sweet to me, and treats me so well. He is such a help with the kids. They are very lucky to have a daddy that plays with them, and by play I mean he gets on the floor and wrestles and plays ball and games and is right in the middle of all the chaos. I even have to get after him for getting too wild with them. I am so lucky to have a husband who I can be proud of, who so many people think highly of, and who is such a good man. He takes me to church, to the temple, reads scriptures, prays, loves Family Home Evening, and most of all loves us, and we love him. I thank Heavenly Father every day that I have him as the head of our home.

2 comments:

Jesenia said...

Your sweet Kandice, I have started a blog, I just need to give everyone the link, you are inspiring me. Love ya
Jesenia

Mandy said...

Kandice, that was so sweet about your hubby. We get so wound up in our kids and our lives that we kinda forget the men that stand beside us. G.J. is a good guy and you are lucky to have him. (He actually paid me $20 to tell you that:)!) Love ya!