Here it is...the last day of October. I
thought at one point that this month was dragging on...but now I am
sure that it flew by way too quickly. Maybe it was the beautiful
weather. Maybe it was the fact that we had 5 Saturdays, Sundays, and
Mondays (something that doesn't happen too often!) Whatever it was,
we had a great time, but I am ready to move on!
It seems that with Halloween being on a
Monday, we had an extra amount of celebrating going on. Friday night
we had 4 things to go to, but only chose 2. Hallie went to a friends
Halloween party from 7-11 and G.J. and I and the boys went to the
Jensen Pumpkin Festival. We had
a great time at the Pumpkin Festival (despite the bazillion
people-where do they all come from???) Hallie had a great time at her
party too.
I thought this was really cool-an american flag made out of pumpkins
Saturday just flew by. We kept extra
busy and yet again had 4 invites but only fit in 2. We made it to our
ward trunk or treat that was also a chili cook off in our old
Bishop's back yard/field. It was a lot of fun. Kayler was NOT having
the fun though. He had his cute little Wario (evil Mario) costume on.
He was so excited. Then he got out and heard laughter and loud voices
and saw lots of commotion...and it freaked him out. He was convinced
that people were laughing at him (which of course they were not) and
so he stripped off his costume and sat in the car.
Hallie as a black widow
Gavin as a Scary Ninja Dude
Our second activity that night was
going to a couple's party in our ward with some friends. We had a
great time. Sadly...I forgot my camera in the car and didn't get any
pictures...but I stole one off of facebook of us in our sweet
costumes!:
Chewbacca and an Ewok-in case you were confused :)
The biggest news of that night was that I left Hallie alone with the boys for the first time ever for 2 hours. She did a great job....I am hoping to never pay a babysitter again!
Fast forward to today...which was
beyond a whirlwind.....Honestly, I feel like there were more parties,
parades, events, places to go, people to see....it was nuts! We
visited my parents, my aunt, my Grandma (Grandpa wasn't home from
work yet) and then we did our neighborhood Trick or Treating which
was SO fun. Everyone just sat out in their yards so we were able to
walk around with the kids and it was more like real Trick or Treating
rather than the trunk or treating we had gotten used to. We then
dropped G.J., Hallie and Gavin off to the Rec. Center for their carnival,
and Kayler and I went to visit my Grandpa Bowthorpe...yet again
forgot the camera.
Notice that Kayler changed his mind on his costume. I knew he would. He
had to decide between Mario, Luigi, Wario, and King Kuppa (as he called
it) King Kuppa won!
The kids and my Grandma Stewart
We then went to K-mart for a few things
while G.J. and the older kids were finishing. The lady at the front
tried to hand Kayler some candy and he said, “No-I don't need any
more candy. My bag is already full and very heavy. If you put more
candy in it, it will make me fall down and crack my head open and my
brain will fall out and be all slimy.” She just looked at me like
“OK......” and that was that! ;)
So...tomorrow I will gladly rip down
every jack o lantern and skeleton in sight. I will leave up my
favorite fall decorations, and begin to enjoy November....you might
even be lucky for me to bring back Thankful Thursdays!!! So stay
tuned :)

6 comments:
LOL, I love the stuff that kids say!!!! So funny! Looks like a great time!
Your kids looked darling and I'm glad you had so much fun. For the record, you aren't alone. Every Halloween decoration came down this morning. :)
That is so funny what Kayler said! He is too cute! It was good to see you today :)
I seriously laughed so hard at your costumes! I love them! Where did you get them? So so so great! Totally made my day.
I love the things that kids say! To funny!! Looks like you had a great time and that the kids did too! I loved the day that I didn't have to hire out babysitters anymore either!
Oh Happy Day!!
Sounds like a fun Halloween for you guys! The kids looked great. I've been wanting to ask you what Kayler ended up choosing. I love his story at Kmart! So cute!
Post a Comment