I don't know what it is about fall that
makes me want to cook, be crafty, and bring out my inner Martha
Stewart and Betty Crocker!
Don't worry...don't fret-I am NOT this
ambitious all year...just this time of year. It kind of feels good!
We have been thoroughly and fully
enjoying this beyond beautiful fall weather. My mood is much improved
from my post a few weeks ago...sorry again to those that read my
rants. But based on the feedback I am not alone....
So...here is a little recap of what we
have been up to!
Gavin's BFF's Alec and Sam came over
for some fun. Sam moved to Pleasant Grove this summer, and Gavin's
heart has been so sad without him. They had so much fun...picked up
right where they left off and were happy to see each other.
That same day, I was in the kitchen ALL
day....baking baking baking. If you remember my cousin Jeremy---and
his sweet angel Kinley that passed away in August..Anyways, they were
having a bake sale in Paige's (Kinley's mom) home town of Kamas to
try to earn money for her headstone. So they asked if I could bake
some stuff. I baked Sugar Cookie Bars, Rice Krispie bars, Smore's
kits, Lemon Muddy Buddies, Oreo Spiders....and I think a few other
things. They are having a movie in Vernal on November 12th
in Vernal to raise more funds if you want to help!
We had a little Halloween get together
with my cousin Heidi and some friends. We were laughing...we have had
this same group of friends since Hallie and Heidi's daughter Alli
were tiny. At the time we were the only one with kids.....now-11 years later there
are LOTS more kids as you can see from the picture :)
We had a lot of fun going to the corn
maze as a family. I tried to snap as many pictures as I could...yet
somehow ended up with a couple!
I have been in awe at the beautiful and
bright fall colors. It is especially beautiful from up at my parent's
house. When the sun shines on the valley below it is breathtaking....
Last night we threw a baby shower for
my sister in law Jenette. Baby Kenny is set to make his debut in
December...we are hoping she makes it that long since pre-term labor
is already occurring! We had a great night and she got lots of nice
things.
I absolutely LOVE Fall break/UEA. It is just like a tiny extension of summer....we are free to sleep in and do as we please! They need to have little breaks like this monthly to make the strict schedule of school and other things not get too overwhelming!!!
Anyways...I hope everyone else is enjoying Fall as much as we are!
7 comments:
I love FALL too!!!!
Wow you have been busy!! The goodies you made for the fundraiser were awesome!! Fall is beautiful, lets just cross our fingers that it stays for a while!!
So glad you are enjoying this time of year. I too feel the same way about being a bit more ambitious. Are you sure Jeanette is due in Dec? She is TINY! Glad you have had fun though and you're feeling better. Life is just full of ups and downs and we have to enjoy the ride. This week is crazy but starting November 1st life stops for us. Call me and let's do a girls night.
I miss all the fall colours. We don't get those here especially driving through the canyons. It's so beautiful. I glad you're feeling happy!!
So glad to hear and see that you are enjoying this time of year as well! I absolutely love Fall! Could have Fall all year long and would be pleased!
I am in Maryland now and everyone says the falls here are just to DIE for, well I am going to be a West coast snob and say they are just as good in Vernal, trust me. The only difference is they have more trees here but the colors are the same blah blah blah. I wish I were home to see the fall colors, thanks for the pictures!
Oooh yummy! I would have bought some of your treats. They look great. Remind me about the movie too. The pictures are beautiful. I love your parents view. They have the best spot in town. Your sis in law looks great! She is so little.
Post a Comment