The past week I have made a few
discoveries. Some of them are totally lame and will make no
sense....but to me they did.
#1- I was very addicted to my
iPhone....and I miss it like I miss an old friend, sad I know. You
see, it had a small accident at church with a teensy tinsy amount of
water. Unfortunately it fried the screen. Every other thing worked
perfectly...but the screen was a no go-even after bathing in rice and drying out and all that.
So...I have to wait 3 WEEKS for the new
one. The only good news in this story is that the corporate AT&T
office said I would have to pay $799 for a new phone since I did not
have insurance and since I wasn't due for an upgrade. So....I know a
lot of people hate our local AT&T office, but they saved my butt
by only charging a MUCH smaller fee and I get the brand new iphone
4s-in 3 weeks...hope I can make it!
#2 I have found that my productivity
for the day relies on one factor....if I make my bed or not. I
know-so lame and random, but it is TRUE. The days that I leave my bed
unmade...I find myself ignoring all other duties and just laying in
its welcoming, beaconing, warmness. If I have it made I hate to mess
it up...therefore I accomplish a lot more!
#3 Over the past 6 months or so I have
had very mixed feelings about Kayler and some medication I was giving
him. I really really wanted to help him be able to focus and be able
to tolerate life in general a lot better. He was put on a medication
called risperidone that was given to him by a super awesome Dr. in
Salt Lake named Dr. Carbone. He is an autism specialist and also has
a 6 year old autistic son-so I trusted him that this was the best.
Every time we gave it to him...I had a
small pit of dread in my stomach. I kept thinking there had to be
something different or better. I studied this medication thoroughly
and the feeling I got inside was not good...and I felt prompted to
get him off of it ASAP.
The problem was, I couldn't decide just
what to do...and different prescription med, more therapy, vitamins,
minerals, shots, etc.etc.etc. I knew there was something out there
but as I studied all of those options as well as other companies such
as Protandim, Usana, GNC, etc. I had the same feeling of dread.
Over the past few weeks I have been
researching DoTerra and their oils and vitamins/minerals. http://www.doterra.com/us/ I talked
with several people who have used them, sell them, etc. The biggest
breakthrough for me was going to a 3 hour long class taught by one of
the main “sales” people the other night. For once...and finally,
I felt at peace with deciding to give these things a try.
I absolutely refuse in every way to
sell them to people or have parties or become an extremist of sorts.
I am doing them to help my family out. For any ailment imaginable
there is an oil. Plants/herbs/trees were used anciently as medicine.
They worked wonderfully for so many years...until modern medication
was developed. Don't get me wrong, I am still a firm believer in
modern meds, and Doctors and all that. I am just going to try this
different route of using these oils/vitamins. So far this week I have
treated G.J.'s heartburn, Hallie's cough, Kayler's ADD/Autistic
traits, my sleeping, my headaches....and I have been pleasantly
surprised by the results.
So- stay tuned and I am sincerely hoping
I have great/positive things to say!


6 comments:
I am very interested to see if you find out the results stick. I have heard REALLY good things about the Doterra oils. I'm pretty sure you have tried the hand scanner too right? Brain is pretty thrilled through his route of things his headachs are gone too. I'm just so impressed you always listen to the spirit and follow your mother's instinct to help bettter your family. You're amazing. I got your text...a little too late. Maybe this week we can get together.
Those are all amazing discoveries! I'm so glad I'm not the only one that needs a made bed to get through the day :) Also, I have tried the doTERRA oils and LOVE everything about them so far! I'm glad to hear that they have been working for your family and I hope they will continue to be good.
You will have to let me know what you find out with the oils and if they help Kayler or not! My neighborhood is on a huge Dotera kick! I hope your phone makes it here quick! That's a sad day when those break down!!!
I have a distant relative that has MS and refuses to do anything with prescriptions. She is 100% natural in everything she does. She is dairy free, gluten free and sugar free. You should follow her fb page - Kissacooper- and she has tons of great tips. She is the most knowledgable "natural" person I know and helps me with any of my questions or problems. She would be a great person for you to follow on FB just for ideas and such. Good luck! I hope it works! I've been converted to the natural world as well and love it!
I agree whole heartedly with the making of your bed effects your productivity for the day its the same with me. As for the new stuff with the Doterra oils, I believe they will work let us know how it goes.
I love doTerra oils and have been using them for 4 years now! They really work!
Post a Comment