BUT>>>>>>>There IS an end in sight. Look at the forecast!!!:

This is another thing that is making me happy:
http://youtu.be/8v_4O44sfjM
Don't pay much attention to the video...slightly weird, but I DO like her song/voice...and NO the lyrics don't have any relevancy in my life ;)
Something else that has made me absolute GIDDY is this little beauty that I saw down the street from me:
This is called a Juvenile White Faced Ibis or Glossy Ibis....How do I know this you may ask??? Well one of my secrets that I haven't told many people is that I have a small obsession with birds. Especially rare ones. I knew once I started shaking trying to get the picture (they are very hard to capture on film...) that I was INDEED a dork that I was that excited bout a bird!
The good thing is that G.J. said he still loved me even though I was a bird/weather geek ;)
One other thing that makes me happy is my iphone app...called Daily Verse. It gives me a scripture, thought by apostle or prophet or other church leader, and a hymn each day. There was one last week that really hit me hard.
“He is our perfect Father. He loves us beyond our capacity to understand. He knows what is best for us. He sees the end from the beginning. He wants us to act to gain needed experience. When He answers yes, it is to give us confidence. When He answers no, it is to prevent error. When He withholds an answer, it is to have us grow through faith in Him, obedience to His commandments, and a willingness to act on truth. We are expected to assume accountability by acting on a decision that is consistent with His teachings without prior confirmation. We are not to sit passively waiting or to murmur because the Lord has not spoken. We are to act. Most often what we have chosen to do is right. He will confirm the correctness of our choices His way. That confirmation generally comes through packets of help found along the way. We discover them by being spiritually sensitive. They are like notes from a loving Father as evidence of His approval. If, in trust, we begin something which is not right, He will let us know before we have gone too far. We sense that help by recognizing troubled or uneasy feelings . . . If you seek His help, be sure your life is clean, your motives worthy, and you're willing to do what He asks-- for He will answer your prayers. He is your loving Father; you are His beloved child. He loves you perfectly and wants to help you.”
(Richard G. Scott, CR, Oct. 1989, pp. 39-41)
This is SO true in my life right now. For everything from big decisions and especially for our home selling-to the little things I am worried about. I truly hope I can find the faith necessary to trust in these words.
And one final thing about my week last week.....on the 28th I was having an incredibly frustrating day. So after getting Kayler on the bus I went to the temple to do initiatory. It was a very special experience to be in the temple....and then I suddenly realized that it was the 2nd anniversary of my Grandma Bowthorpe's passing. I couldn't believe I had forgotten. But realizing it in the temple, and truly feeling her spirit was the best gift ever. I took the kids after school to put flowers on her grave-with time it has gotten easier of her being gone...but there are still days that I would give anything to just hear her voice or give her a hug.
So, here is to the beautiful forecast-and other good things that are yet to come!
4 comments:
I completely agree with the weather and mood, mine is completely controlled by it as well.
I laughed and turned the computer when I saw the picture of the bird, we saw at least 300 of these in a field between hwy 40 and Lapoint just today. I told Court we should take a picture because it was a magnificent sight to see all of them in this sloppy wet field. I had no idea what kind they were, or that they were rare, but they are most definitely beautiful, wish you could have seen them, you would have appreciated it much more than I.
Let's enjoy the good weather together. We're around all weekend!
YAY for nice weather!! That quote is great, thanks for sharing!
See how informative you are. We are learning about new birds. I loved the pics of the bird. That is so fun especially where you are a bird lover. I m so ready for the weather to warm up. Warm weather means bbq weather which we love right? Oh wait, when we get together for a bbq the guys think they need to have a late nintendo night. haha! Glad all is well. Loved all the pics and the post!!
Post a Comment