Friday, May 13, 2011

My baby boy is FIVE!












My baby boy is 5….did you read that?? My baby boy is FIVE!

This little angel has changed my life more than I ever thought possible. I can’t even begin to describe how….some good things, some bad, but at the end of the day I am so grateful for him. I feel honored that Heavenly Father has entrusted me to be his mom.

He was NOT excited for his birthday. He was quite freaked out by it to tell you the truth. I don’t think he fully grasped the idea of his birthday. My other kids have the theme, party guests, and wishlists for their birthdays prepared months in advanced. He did surprise me though by replying correctly that he would be 5 on his birthday.

I took him all over town to try to let him choose decorations, a cake, gifts, etc…..but it didn’t go so well. After a huge massive meltdown, he decided he wanted a beach themed birthday. So that is just what we did. I incorporated all of his favorite things that have to do with the beach and it was a huge hit.

I took treats to his class. He was very confused at why I was there, but enjoyed it nonetheless. I was wanting to have a little get together with friends at the park, but he wasn’t having it. He cried for 30 minutes after I combed his hair. I decided that we would do exactly what he wanted to do the rest of the day, not what I wanted for him.

I even let him run naked in the back yard…he peed on our deck, made messes everywhere, ate a LOT of junk food, but he was happy, and that was all that mattered.
His mood improved drastically for his family party. He was so excited about all his grandparents and cousins there and loved everything about his birthday.

I love you baby boy….you have such a huge part of my heart.

1 comment:

Candace and Brian said...

I love that kid! I am still impressed with you being intune and making the day about "him" not you. He looks so happy and that's all that matters. P.S> I LOVE the cake!!!