Monday, May 23, 2011

Nostalgia...is setting in

This past week as we have received more and more confirmation that the sell of our home is going quickly and smoothly....I have finally allowed myself to look ahead.

But I can't look ahead without looking back and thinking of all the wonderful memories we have had in our home.

Last Thursday as I put Kayler on the bus, we sat on our little school bus stop bench and it hit me that it would be the last time I would do that with him here.

That afternoon it got even further as Gavin's best buddie Sam and his other bud Alec came over for one last play date here. Sam moved back to Salt Lake Friday and we were so sad to see him and his family go :(



Saturday we went up to Rock Springs to celebrate the grand opening of my Sister and Brother in law's new frozen yogurt shop. It is very similar to Farr's Fresh, but they only serve yogurt with toppings and then soups in the winter too.

It was also my Brother in Law Danny's 50th birthday party, so we celebrated that as well.




Today Kayler had his end of school carnival. I will miss the preschool and everything about it SO much. I am scared beyond belief about sending him to Kindergarten next year, but I think we have gotten a really great plan in place for him next year with aides, therapy, and special services. I just need to have the faith that it will all work out.




I am just about to go start packing my first box. It is a very weird feeling. We are making 4 piles as we pack. Trash, Yard Sale (which will be June 11th), storage unit, and stuff to take to my in-law's condo-the place we will call home for the next year or more.

So-forgive me if I am not a frequent blogger over the next month or so. I am going to try really hard to not let moving take over my life...and still have lots of fun with my kids. I am more excited to be all moved and settled and to a point where I can relax a little!

3 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

Moving is such a chore. I hope you get through it without to much stress and worry.

I can't believe Kayler and Morgan will be in Kindergarten next year. YAY!!!!

Candace and Brian said...

That is a bittersweet thought and feeling of everything going on. PLEASE let me know if I can help. Luckily you can just move things slowly instead of all in 1 day but moving is still stressful.

Karlee said...

I hate moving!!! I hate change and leaving different phases in life behind. :( How exciting though! Please bring Kayler over to play when you are packing!!