I am bound and determined to keep up on my blog. I have a few things to blog...but no pictures. I really hate doing picture-less posts...so bear with me!
G.J., Gavin, and Kayler headed out last Friday to the Father Sons campout up Deep Creek. I was so excited for them! I was a little nervous for G.J.'s sake about Kayler being good for him. I just wanted him to be able to enjoy himself and not have to chase him everywhere. I made a bed in the back of G.J.'s car for them, packed some clothes, snacks, and sent them on their way.
It was the first time in my memory that Hallie and I were left alone for more than a few hours. We had all sorts of special things planned, and she was very excited to have me all to herself! We went shopping, ran errands, and enjoyed each others company a lot. She is growing up so much. I am so grateful to have a daughter to bond with.
She amazed me that afternoon as she asked very nicely if she could invite her school teacher to dinner and a movie. I will admit-I was a little nervous. I just didn't want her to feel obligated to come with us. Hallie got teared up as she told me how bad she feels for her teacher. She is such a nice woman. She moved here from Washington-leaving all her family there. She is single and has no kids. Hallie thought she must get pretty lonely. So we drove by her house and I let Hallie go to the door to ask her. She was thrilled at the invite, and Hallie was even more excited!
We picked her up and took her to Don Pedros. She has only eaten out at a restaurant 1 other time despite living in Vernal almost a year. I don't blame her...it wouldn't be very fun alone. After that we went to the Disney movie African Cats. It was awesome....seriously, awesome. Not at all what I expected. Hallie thoroughly enjoyed it, and her teacher must have as well by her reactions during and after it. I am so proud of Hallie for being so thoughtful. I hope we can do it again. Miss Kimball has been the best teacher we could have ever hoped for. I am so grateful Hallie has had such a great experience in the 4th grade.
We crashed that night in exhaustion....only to wake up to a little yard work and our boys coming home. They had a wonderful time, ate wonderful food, and arrived home safe and in one piece! We did a few things around the house, then took a drive to Jensen to the greenhouse to get some flowers and see the River-since it is getting pretty full. I am pretty sure that most of you read my FB post about our little “sighting” on the river. We were driving along and at the same time Gavin and I spotted a couple in the river. Gavin said, “Look, there are some cave people taking a bath in the river!” And yep-sure enough there was a completely NUDE couple having a bath/swim in the full river. They were right off the bridge so we could see everything. It was so hard to look away...kind of like a trainreck! They must have been drifters of sort. They each had dreadlocks and looked very “earthy” as you can just imagine ;) As we were driving away Gavin says, “Don't worry, I think the lady cave woman had a brown loin cloth on......” hehe, lol...Did I mention I had my 88 year old Grandpa sitting in the passenger seat with me?
Moving on, we had a relaxing night at home while preparing our talks for Sunday. Sunday the weather was beyond beautiful. I saw someone say something on FB once about how sunshine is prozac for the soul...and boy is that true! Our talks went great. I was very proud of my kids and G.J. I was grateful for the chance we had to study and learn as a family. While G.J. went to priesthood leadership, I took the kids to my parents. We went on a great walk and soaked in even more sunshine. It makes me even more excited to move closer. The hikes, adventures, and fun my kids will have make me so excited!
Now I am looking forward to the last 2 weeks of my kids school. We are SO busy every single weekend from now until we move around the 20th of June. Intense I tell ya....but it is a good kind of intense, and I can't even begin to describe how good it will feel to de-junk our stuff and move on in life.
So-Sorry for no pictures....I promise to do better-for myself and the people who actually take time to read this blog!!!
4 comments:
First, your family did AWESOME on Sunday with their talks. They really did. I was so impressed-but not really-because you are the Searles. :) So glad you had a great wekeend. Hallie is so thoughtful and growing up to be much like her Mama! If we could convince the sun to stay around life would be wonderful wouldn't it! Let me know if you need help boxing.
Oh man... I almost came to your ward on Sunday. BUMMER!!! I would have loved to hear your talks. Sounds like a fun weekend. I can't believe you saw that couple in the river. That is soooo funny! What a lucky day for Gramps! :) ha ha
I also love that you went out with Hallie's teacher. That is sooooo fun! I would have loved going out with any of my students!
I need to read that last post as well... I'm super tired so I'll read it tomorrow! My eyes are barely letting me read this! :)
I seriously teared up when you said Hallie wanted and did invite her teacher. What a great girl. Taylor loves her 4th grade teacher so much. She has already told me she is going to cry on the last day. She put together a gift bag for Miss Dunn during teacher appreciation week, and I think we spent over $50... little nut felt she deserved everything she could get her hands on. ;) We sure have some pretty thoughtful little girls. Makes me sad when I think about how they only get to see each other about once a year.
On a side note. I lost all my contacts in my phone. Will you text me your name so I can re-add you. Love ya lots!
Wow you never cease to amaze me with all that you do! Good luck with everything!
Post a Comment