I am so very sorry for the very long lapse in my blogging. I am pretty sure nobody was too sad or worried though ;)
Blame it on lack of time...or desire...a lost camera for a few days...and then blogger being down, but I am Up and running once again, and up to date. So scroll down 5 posts or so to see what has been going on in our little corner of the world...
There are no pictures to accompany this post...so sorry.
We are about to embark on a huge change as a family. Huge I tell you.
After a little over a month on the market, our home is under contract to be sold. I have a hard time wrapping all that has happened this past week to get to this point….but I am trying to be faithful that everything will go quickly, smoothly, and that nothing will happen to jeopardize the sale.
The family had been to our home 3 times. They just weren’t quite sure about the area. Our realtor lives by us….so she set their minds at ease. We really do live in a wonderful area. Close enough to town, but far enough away from the hustle and bustle. Surrounded by farm land, great neighbors, and a lot of wonderful memories.
Come to find out, the couple looking attended our ward Sunday after looking at our house for the 3rd time Saturday. Coincidentally, G.J. and I said the prayers at sacrament meeting. They came back Monday and wanted to meet with me. I was very nervous for the fact that if they didn’t choose our house they would be rejecting our home and ME!
They were very nice, and I felt very good about them. It must have been meant to be, because by that evening we had did all the negotiations and signed the papers. They came back Tuesday morning with the home inspector. I stayed and showed them the ins and outs of the specifics of our home. They really wanted to come back and meet GJ, so we had them over for dinner.
I know for a fact that it is not normal to get so friendly with the buyers of your home. I am grateful that we had the chance to do so. I am attached to my house, and I wanted good people to move in so I didn’t feel so bad about leaving.
Their names are Val and Melanie Hardy. Val is a heavy equipment operator, pilot (almost), and stay at home dad. Melanie is going to be taking a position at the hospital in Vernal as an OB Doctor. She will work at a clinic in Roosevelt that is being built by the Vernal Hospital, but deliver babies in Vernal.
Val was married before and has 4 grown children. He does not seem that old at all….and seems like a great guy. Melanie is kind of shy and soft spoken. They have a 20 month old little boy named Emmett. They are moving from Las Vegas.
Since they are newly married and she is fresh out of Medical School/Residency, they let us know that they have NO furniture and hardly any belongings. Since we have an abundance of furniture, we decided to sell most of it to them. So that works great for both of us! We get money for things we were going to get rid of anyways, and we will have less to move!
I won’t lie, I am SO excited about our new life change. It will be so nice to live in G.J.’s parent’s condo. They have gone above and beyond to move out their stuff so that we can move in and call it our home for the next year to 18 months. It will be so nice to be closer to town for awhile. We are part of a home owners association, so the yards and snow removal in the winter will be taken care of for us. I feel that we have lots of fun times yet to be had, and I am so excited and hope that this new chapter in our life brings lots of happiness and memories.
So….the ward has already asked us to give our farewell speeches this Sunday. I have that to prepare for, then the end of school activities, a yard sale, and then packing. We don’t have to be out until June 20th (granted things go smoothly with their loan and all) so we won’t be in a rush. I am planning on getting rid of a LOT of things that we don’t really need. Our new house will be much smaller, so it will be nice not to have so many belongings to worry about.
So, here’s to change! Pray along with us that everything goes as planned!
6 comments:
Wow, you have been very busy, Happy Anniversary. i cant believe it has been 11 years either. Crazy right? Congrats on the sale of the house!! That is exciting, yet stressful I am sure. Hallie is adorable, how fun to watch her in a recital. That brings back scary memories but I wouldnt change being able to play the piano for anything. I LOVE it. I am glad that Kayler ended up having a good birthday. He is so cute!!
Wow... you have been a busy blogger.
I can't believe Kayler is 5... I still remember when he was born and the prank Mandy and I pulled on you. heehee
Hallie is such a beauty. I love the pic of her by the piano.
Happy 11 years of marriage to you two. What a great couple you are.
I am happy you sold your house. I sure wish we could sell ours. I have talked to many people out in Bourbon County and they claim nothing is moving out there. Pisses me off. I just want to sell it and get rid of it. BLAH.
I sure wish I were there to come buy all of your furniture and items you are selling... cuz your throw away items are my treasure. teehee ;)
Wow, that went fast! Happy 11 years too.
AHHHH I feel very bittersweet about all of this. As a friend I'm SOOO excited for your sale and changes in life. But as your neighbor I am going to miss you. I guess change happens and I know this is going to be a good one for you.
Let me know when your yard sale is!! I'll be coming for sure!
My gosh!! I need to read blogs more!! Wow girl! You have your hands full!! That's awesome they are keeping some of your things cuz it really does make ur easier- that's what we did- well- good luck darlin!! It's funny how things work out!! Take care!
Post a Comment