Wednesday, September 2, 2009

9 years in the making

Is it the most terrible thing in the world that I am so excited right now that I just put all 3 of my kids on the bus and off to school!?!?!

It is an event 9 years in the making, so before you find yourself getting jealous that I get some time to myself, remember, I waited 9 years for this.

I sent Hallie off to 3rd grade, Gavin off to 1st, and my sweet baby boy Kayler off to preschool (on the bus). He will be gone until 11:15. I have already cleaned the house, checked emails, ate breakfast, updated my blog, and here’s my list for the next 2+ hours since it is only 8:30 ish….:

-exercise
-shower (by myself)
-maybe go to the store
-OR……..I might just lie in bed and watch morning T.V.

And I couldn’t be happier….and just think, I get to do this every Monday and Wednesday for the next 2 years, and then Kayler will be in Kindergarten and I get to do it EVERY DAY!

I am sorry if you think I am terrible, but here’s my philosophy. I fully trust my kid’s teachers. I think it is great to send them to school to learn, have social interaction, and real life experiences. I get fully recharged while they are gone, and then I have so much more to offer them when they get home. I LOVE to talk about their day, teach them how to be good outstanding citizens…lol, students, friends, etc. I LOVE to snuggle, play, have fun, etc. So it is not because I don’t love my kids or want to get rid of them, it is so I can give them more of me when they are here!

So there you have it!



9 comments:

Candace and Brian said...

Congrats to you!!! Kayler looked so handsome and excited this morning. It was super cute! I think you should lounge and enjoy "you" time all you want. Heaven knows you neer do that!

Hillary said...

I don't think your terrible at all, I am right there with you. Sometimes just a tiny bit of peace can do WONDERS for you as a mom, so live it up!! Loved hearing about your trip and I think the presentation night is a great idea. We can all always use more knowledge and understanding in any situation.

Jesenia said...

Wow, I think that it is very important for us moms to get a little me time. You deserve it!! Hope all is well.

Jesenia said...

Oh, I also think it is a reward for dealing with the todler years!!

Brett and Diane said...

Enjoy! Kayler looked so cute in his new school clothes. Hope he enjoys preschool.

Janice {Run Far} said...

I am right there with you. I can not wait till Morgan goes to preschool. I think she will get in and start here in a few weeks. (waiting list)
Can't wait to have all morning to my self and to exercise, shower and clean with out a little girl jabbering my ears off. God love her, but dang.... :)
Miss you tons

Lacy said...

Lucky girl!

The McClellan Clan said...

oh my heck they are so cute!! You are a lucky duck that is for sure! I don't know what I'd do with that free time either. You need it too, you run around to much and are sO busy!!! Once again, the bread was AMAZING!! Thank you neighbor!!

Nathan and Shanna said...

There is nothing better than that feeling. I am just barely getting a fill of that myself after 14 yrs of marriage. And actually I now have a foster child that is 1 1/2 yrs old so I really haven't experienced that yet. And don't worry you need all the time away that you can get, just to stay sane! You are a really SUPER MOM!!