I have been really busy the past 7 or so months with our ward cookbook. I can’t believe I haven’t blogged about it before now…because it really has consumed a LOT of my time/energy. I would love to say it was a stress free enjoyable project…but not so much when dealing with a huge ward, over 400 recipes, and the delivering and gathering of money for 400 + books and a bill of $2400 at my house waiting to be paid for doing it. I think it turned out great, and we had a super fun enrichment last Wednesday where I was able to get rid of most of them.
Earlier on Wednesday my friend/neighbor Candace called to see if I wanted to go to the temple to do initiatory while Kayler was at school. I love to do initiatory. You aren’t there very long, but you get to be part of a very special process not to mention feel a very special spirit and leave feeling refreshed and renewed. I am so grateful that she called, and that we have such a beautiful temple so close by.
Also on Wednesday….. (That was a busy day), I was able to go to dinner with my friend/cousin Heather. She got married yesterday, so I took her out for one more dinner as a single lady. Our friend Heidi joined us, and it was a great evening to get away. G.J. and I got a babysitter and enjoyed her wedding luncheon yesterday. I saw some friends that I don’t get to see very often, so it was great. I am so happy for Heather, and I know that she and Eric will be very happy together for eternity.
The rest of the week was spent outdoors as much as possible. I love fall, but I can’t help but get that antsy feeling to get outside and soak in all the sunshine possible before winter comes. Hallie and Gavin participated in their annual Primary program today and they did great. I was SO proud of them. They both did their parts perfectly, sat very nicely, and sang the best they knew how. Of course I had Kayler being a little bit of a beast to ruin my warm fuzzy feeling, but it was nice nonetheless.
We didn’t stay to the rest of church because both of my boys were starting a tiny cough. I wasn’t about to be one of those parents who let their kids spread every germ and take them to primary to keep the flu going around. We decided to go up Dry Fork Canyon to look for Monarch Caterpillars. I have very fond memories of my Grandma and me finding them in their fields every fall. We would gather like 10 and I would put them in her old canning jars and watch them hatch. My kids are lucky enough to have a butterfly tent/hatchery thing, and I wanted SO badly to find one. We seriously stopped at every bunch of milk weed to find one….with no luck. So after 2+ hours: I had rolled Kayler’s fingers up in the window, we got rained on, had sand/mud all over our car, had very hungry and thirsty kids, and we headed home empty handed-besides 3 cute pictures. Guess that’s what we get for letting our kids skip primary. I was so sad….so if you see any crawling around….I would love to know!
So here’s to this week. I just made my list of things to do, and thank goodness my schedule isn’t too full yet. The weatherman gives a thumbs up for more sunshine, so that makes me happy!
10 comments:
That makes me laugh you said that's what you get for skipping church! Let's face it....that's a typical outing with kids. :) Glad you had a great day overall. Your kids did wonderful today. It was an excellent program. Since your schedule isn't full yet fit me in somewhere. :)
It was so good to see you yesterday at Heathers luncheon. You looked great by the way. We need to catch up more, (not once a year right). Take care.
I kept checking your blog and nothing, but something told me you had your hands full this week. Ya we skipped the program, Kaelyn was sad, but with me being high risk with everything and Brady being gone, he said we weren't to leave the house. Little did I know. check out my facebook pictures. We would have been the culprits!! Nasty stuff what is going around. I hope yours stays little coughs!
Oh and by the way, those were CUTE pictures!!! You may have not gotten anything, but I bet they had fun exploring. SO cute!! I love the pic of them holding hands!!
You do the funnest things with your kids
That is to funny! Way cute pictures and I really take my hat off to you for not spreading anymore "germs". I wish more people were like that!
I'm glad you didn't spread germs! That's one of my pet peeves. Ugh! Especialy with the swine flu going around.
Sounds like you had a fun outing with your kids. That was a great idea. I hope they find one.
I love ward cookbooks they always have the best recipes. Your cover looks so dang cute. You made me want one.=) I bet ladies in your ward just loved them. I'm so happy for Heather. I was hoping you had a picture or two of her and her new hubby. I'll keep my eyes opened for any caterpillars. My brother Erick use to collect them while we were growing up. It's so fun watching them grow and change. Reading that part of your post just reminded me of my childhood.
I love the Fall too. My fav time of the year for sure.
Wow, you've been busy! I love your cookbook too, maybe if I had one I would cook more often :) I love the fall too, it's my favorite time of year!
Post a Comment