

My little girl is growing up. I cannot believe that this precious spirit that changed my life when I was so young myself is now growing into such a sweet and special young lady. She has grown SO much in so many ways this past year:
*She is finally starting to gain weight and get taller. She is 50 inches tall and weighs 50 lbs, which puts her at about the 10th percentile or so.
*She has grown spiritually. I found her in her room the other night reading the Book of Mormon and writing in her journal. I thought my heart would leap right of my chest from being so proud of her. She is very honest and definitely a rule follower.
*She is so dang smart. Her teacher called me the other day to tell me how truly SHOCKED she was at how high she tested on her NWEA tests. She said it made their class average much higher than normal to have a student test so high.
*She is just beautiful. She has the biggest blue eyes, cute hair, cute face, and a cute little figure.
*She is so dang funny. Ever since she was 18 months old, this little girl had full paragraph conversations with me. She always has something super funny or insightful to say, and definitely keeps me laughing and on my toes.
Above all, she is so special to me. She came at a time in my life that I truly needed her. As she grows older, our bond gets even closer. I don’t have any sisters and I am not very close to my mom. I was very close to my Grandma, and have had some very lonely moments since she died 5 months ago today. Hallie has filled that void in my life, and I hope that we will be very close forever.
I am going to take treats to her class in awhile. Then I am taking her to get a manicure- she loves stuff like that. Then we are having her favorite dinner and her grandparents over for cake and ice cream. I have started doing big friend parties every other year only, and she had a big party last year so this year is more low key. She does get to go to Miley Cyrus tomorrow though, so I think that she is having a fun celebration nonetheless!
I love her with all my heart, and I hope she has the best birthday ever!
9 comments:
Happy birthday my little Hallie Ann! I am so happy and grateful to have such wonderful and smart little girl in my life. She makes me so proud in so many ways that it fills my heart with joy. I hope you have a memorable 9th birthday.
What a sweet post. It was neat to see pictures of her growing up. I still remember coming to your apartment to meet her for the first time. She is such a beautiful girl. I'm glad you got her for you daughter. Happy Birthday Hallie!
since I dont really know her, I can only comment on her looks and boys is she so pretty. I love her smile and her eyes. Happy birthday to your big girl
Happy Birthday Hallie!!! It seems just like last year since you were baptized. Your parents are so lucky to have you as a daughter and I'm so grateful to be your neighbor. Have a blast at the concert!!!
Wow, what a sweet post, she is precious, i ditto Diane, I also remember coming to see her for the first time. I hope that you have a great time at the concert. Take care.
oh my heck she is so cute!! I never saw her as a baby cause I left town. Holy cow she was SO cute!! Still is. You have a really cute family. I'm such a retard, its been driving me crazy. Did you notice the other day I called Kayler- Kyler. Sorry girl. After I did it, I was like Whoa oops.
You guys are cute. Hope to see you soon!!
What a wonderful post! That is so awesome that you and Hallie have such a strong bond! She is BEAUTIFUL!
I can't believe she is getting so big! Happy Birthday Hallie!
Happy Birthday Hallie! She is beautiful just like you Kandice... Hope it was a good one! :)
Post a Comment