Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Creations

Every year the kids have a vegetable creation contest at school. I don’t really know why they call it a contest…because they don’t give awards…but whatever.

I have tried to be a good sport in years past. We have had some great creations:




This year I was really tired and worn out and the last thing I wanted to do was carve and create vegetables. We did come up with Hallie’s Peas in a Pod creation, and Gavin made Pirate Ship. I think they had fun, so that is all that matters!





Speaking of creations, I don’t think I have ever blogged about how creative Hallie is. She got tinker toys for Christmas, and that little girl is constantly building something. Her latest creation had a “blueprint” She made this robot out of tinkertoys, stuffed it with pillows and blankets, put tights, underwear (and a littlest pet shop bra), pajamas and all. Whatever keeps her busy I say!


10 comments:

G.J. said...

Oh Hallie... Gotta love the neck brace as the pelvic region (hee hee).

The McClellan Clan said...

Hey dad the neck brace truly works as a pelvic/hip area!! I'm impressed. Those are so so cute!! I seriously wouldn't have known what to come up with. I'd look at it and be like HMMMM. kaelyn missed it. She thought it was so cool, but sadly I didn't know about it until today which is the day it needed to be done. Darn it!!! You guys seriously have the cutest kids!! I love em! And I love how creative All of them are! So cute!

The McClellan Clan said...

by the way I was the first to comment cause GJ doesn't count!! ;)

Karlee said...

I used to play with tinker toys all the time!! I love them! And legos and Lincoln Logs too! I think your vegetable creations looked great!

Candace and Brian said...

I miss the fall vegetabke creation. YOu're a sport for just doing it with your kids. Looking forward to tonight!

Nathan and Shanna said...

What a creative thing to do, both with the veggie creations, and the cute little robot! Kids are so much fun!

Lacy said...

Cute! My kids would love creating something out of veggies.

Kelli said...

blueprints, wow, it will be interesting to see what she grows up and likes. Love the creatings, more than I could ever even think of. Your a good/great mom

Kelli said...

UMMMM tinker toy girl is wearing a cupcake shirt. HOW CUTE IS THAT!

Janice {Run Far} said...

she is so cute and very creative. She must take after her mom. :)