Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day weekend

Wow, what a crazy few days…..

It all started on Friday. I took Hallie and Kayler to the waterslide because my aunt from out of town wanted to get together with me and all my cousins. Hallie did fine…jumping off the diving board 97 millions times, and Kayler did o.k., but he definitely wore me out. He is so hard to take into public places. Gavin had been invited to go camping with my parents, so he missed out.

After that, we got showered and I took Hallie to the movie “Shorts” It was o.k. She loved it; I just loved my snack pack!

Saturday we did some yard/house work, and then headed up to the Ranch/Basin. The Basin is on Diamond Mountain. It is about 20-30 minutes off the main road. G.J.’s dad and his siblings all own a chunk of land. They all have little bathhouses, sheds, cabins, camping spots, etc. It is extremely beautiful. Look at these 7 buck we spotted-I guess they were hiding on private land from all the hunters ...lol :




Well, G.J.’s mom had packed G.J.’s super OLD 3 wheeler for Hallie to drive around. We got there and she had forgotten a helmet, which made me extremely uncomfortable. I know I am super over protective, but I have good reason….which was made very true later in my story. His mom suddenly remembered that she had found a helmet on the side of the road earlier in the week. It was super dirty, so she told Hallie just to start riding. I told Hallie no, and I cleaned out the helmet and THEN let her ride. We were having quite a fun time. I was even able to lay down and read a book. G.J. and Kayler just played, everything was going well.

We were getting ready to go to one of the other campsites for a birthday dinner for G.J.’s aunt. G.J., Kayler, and I were in our car, and Hallie was going to drive her 3 wheeler. I told G.J. that I wanted to follow her, and I started to have a yucky "gut" feeling that something bad was about to happen. He accused me of being way too overprotective, so we just went ahead. Well we got to the site, and no Hallie. I was a little worried…but I saw my in laws driving behind us and I thought they would keep track of her. Well, they got to witness the “accident”

Poor little Hallie had turned a little too sharply, and had rolled the 3 wheeler. It had roller over her body and rested on her head, which thank the lord had a helmet protecting it. She was very shaken up, bleeding, it was so sad. I got her wounds cleaned up; we ate a quick dinner, and then headed back home. It takes an hour to get home. We got home, bathed, and I was putting ointment and gauze and Band-Aids on her road rash and gashes. She couldn’t lift her arms above her head, and wouldn’t walk. She begged to go to the Dr.

She is a tiny bit of a drama queen, so I kind of brushed her off, but then I started worrying. Of course the pediatric office was closed, urgent care was closed, so I had to drag her into the ER. They immediately jumped into action…they put a neck brace on her, made her lie flat, called the Police…..yes the police, I guess they have to report/record these things, ordered a cat scan because the Dr. didn’t like the way her stomach was looking/feeling, and it was all just chaos. I had to give the officer a full report, and since we were on private land I saved myself from getting a ticket. I guess kids 8 years and older have to have a license to ride. I felt so bad and scared. Is it terrible that one of my main worries was how much it was all going to cost???? Just as I thought our lack of money couldn’t get any worse…

So my mother in law showed up after awhile. She was really upset because she felt like it was her fault that she decided to pack the 3 wheeler and she was sad she recommended no helmet. Finally after 3 hours the Dr. came back and said that she was just all banged up but nothing was broken or internally injured. I was SO relieved.

She is still SO sore. Her road rash and gashes are slowly getting better. She makes sure to tell every single person she comes in contact with about her “accident”-I told you she was all about the drama/attention….Here are a few not so good pictures of a few of her wounds:





Kayler went to nursery yesterday for the first time since June. He got 3 new leaders, and they split the nursery up to try to help with him (and the overcrowding of our HUGE nursery) I am so grateful for this….it was an answer to my prayers, so I hope that all goes well, we shall see. Speaking of Kayler...look at his new favorite pastime, playing "his" Ipod while jammed into small places. He is actually pretty good at playing it. It is so funny to see his chubby little fingers working away on the ipod touch and all it's cool features!:



We picked up Gavin after church yesterday. They were clear in Colorado at Blue Mountain. We took my Grandpa along for the ride/dinner. We were lucky to be in the right place at the right time, as a herd of 50+ elk ran right in front of us...kind of stampede style. There were some HUGE bull elk. They were so pretty, and it reiterated my happiness that G.J. does not hunt and kill these animals. Of course I didn't have my camera for any of our fun adventures up there.

Today I was going to clean house and do laundry, but I just wasn’t feeling it. We decided to let the kids swim, since I think our warm swimming days for this year are getting numbered. I will have to play catch up tomorrow on all my chores. Speaking of lazy...I was too lazy to even get swimsuits on my boys. So I had to find a couple pictures without full nudity!:




This is the COOLEST new teeter totter (spelling??) G.J.'s parents got for our kids. It has spots for 7 kids. My kids love it.:



So….other than all the drama, we had a nice weekend. I hope you all did too!

11 comments:

Candace and Brian said...

So sorry about Hallee again. That's so scary. It was fun just visiting in your living room last night. We need to have casual talks like that more often. I had to laugh at the swimming pics. I love how kids don't care. Thanks for the invite. Jhett slept until noon. Hope your week goes well. Love ya!

Kassi Luck said...

I am so glad Hallie is okay!! THat is sooo scary!! I am so glad that they are finally doing something to help with nursery, i am sure it will work out great!!Now you and GJ can go to all of church! YEAH!

Janice {Run Far} said...

dang it about Hallie. Love that girl. My friend has that teeter tater and my girls loved it. Your boys are hillarious in their birthday suits.

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

That is so darn scary! I am so glad that Hallee was okay.

Brett and Diane said...

Wow what a weekend for you guys. I'm so gald that Hallie is okay that sounds so scary. I'm glad nursery went better for your little guy. Your teeter tater looks so fun. I've never seen one like that. Have a great week!

The McClellan Clan said...

dang girl. You are one busy little thing no matter what is going on in your life. I'm glad everyone is okay!! Those are some awesome wounds. Tell her that boys love scars on girls. Or don't....... Glad to be your neighbor.

Hillary said...

Holy crap I am all tense from just reading about it!! So glad everything worked out ok. Glad things are going well for Kayler in nursery too, that has to help ease your mind a bit.

Nathan and Shanna said...

I'm so sorry about Hallie! It just goes to show you that you always trust your gut!
We had a great Labor day weekend as well and I even took my camera and forgot to take pictures...Yep not a single one! :( Oh well. One of these days I will be able to catch up on my blog. You are so good at it I need to do better!

Anonymous said...

Wow, glad everyone is OK! You have a sweet little family!

Kelli said...

sorry about her accident. I am glad your so intune though. Love her belly button. hehe

Our preschool has the same teeter todder

Karlee said...

Wow! What a weekend! I am so glad that Hallie is okay! That would be so scary. I am also glad she had on a helmet. That could have been bad. I hope your bill isn't too bad too! When we took Tate to the ER last year it wasn't too good! Even when they don't really do anything. I wish so bad you could have gotten a picture of those elk! They are my favorite wild animal. I used to go spotlight them when I lived in Ephraim. Thanks so much again for letting Tate come play last night!!! Candace and I were talking about how great you are like that... always there! I want you to expain the whole nursery thing to me... that's great!