Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Weigh in Wednesday, and some other stuff...

So the big weigh in at my nutrition class was last night. I was really worried because I hadn't been for 2 weeks. When you have the stomach flu you can't exactly eat right. In fact, yesterday was the first day I ate much at all. I was going to be SO mad if I had gained weight after being so sick. Well hooray, I lost another 1 pound. So that is 8 lbs overall, and have 16 until my goal. It is taking forever, but I just know that each pound lost will hopefully not ever make it back on, and the slower I lose it, hopefully the longer it will stay away.

Other than that, things are just getting back to normal here. I got the house cleaned, millions of loads of laundry done, kids back to school, groceries bought, errands done, etc. Today I am headed back to the rec. center to work out again.

Yesterday I had a nice time. It was spent with a wide variety of friends. I was pretty much kids free the whole day so it was weird. My mom watched Kayler while I cleaned my friend Jessica's house. I clean her house every other Tuesday, and my friend Mandy's house the other Tuesday's and my mom's every Tuesday. Jessica is pregnant with boy/girl twins after years of trying. She is a major neat freak like me, but she is so sick and hasn't felt like cleaning-so she is willing to pay me to do it, and I do have to say that I enjoy cleaning for my friends. Cleaning for my mom...well I wouldn't say I enjoy it, but the money is nice!

After I cleaned Jessica's I headed to lunch with Heather (Goodrich) Cox, Jocelyn (Witbeck) McClellan, Lindsey (Larsen) Irving, and Andrea Walker. I haven't seen Andrea since I graduated 9 years ago. Heather is my cousin so I see her more often. I talk to Lindsey and Jocelyn here and there. It was nice to go and reminisce and relax.

Next I had to go clean my mom’s house. It takes FOREVER. It has one whole floor/level (like 3000+ sq. feet) of hard wood....that = lots of work. She watched Kayler and Gavin for me. Then I headed home but Kayler was napping and Gavin was busy playing. I had time to take a quick shower, talk to Hallie for a second, and then off to diet/nutrition class right when G.J. made it home.

My next friend visit was at Erin (Timothy) Massey's house. She lives around the corner, and has done for quite awhile now. I am a bad friend and I am just barely making it over to see it. It is cute. She is putting lots of work into it. She is due any day with baby #3, a GIRL! She has 2 cute little boys so she is excited for the pink. It is so weird; I thought I would be the only one forever and ever with 3 kids. Now it seems that everyone has either caught up with me or passed me!

To finish off the evening, I took Hallie to the Drill Team review. I sat by Jocelyn and Heather and their families. I had the sudden realization that it was a LONG time ago when I was a dancer, in high school, etc. I looked how young and naive all the girls were. I asked Hallie if she wanted to be a dancer or on Drill team or cheerleading when she got big. She gave me a very solid, NO...lol. She would rather "dance in private" she said.

I took her out for an ice cream, then headed home. I was just in time to help pick up the house, sing songs to Kayler, read with Gavin, do an activity with Hallie, and watch some T.V., which is a rare treat for me!

So, everything is good. It is good to catch up with old friends, and make new ones too. I am so so happy to see the snow melting. Yesterday was so beautiful and warm. I know a storm is coming, but the glimpses of spring, my favorite time of year, are getting closer and closer! Have a great day!!!

7 comments:

Kelli said...

sounds like a wonderful day. I posted my weight loss and inches on my blog.

Kristi said...

Congratulations on your weight loss, that is awesome! It is hard to watch it come off slowly, but like you said the slower, then the longer it will stay gone. I can't wait for summer either!! Yeah!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are doing so well. I miss being in Vernal sometimes because I miss all my old friends. At least we have blogs right!!!

Candace and Brian said...

I'm glad your home safe and sound. It sounds like yesterday was wonderful. I love times like that. I can't say I go with friends very often...or ever but I love the times I do. TTYL!

Nathan and Shanna said...

What a great day! Congratulations on your weight loss. I have lost 9 pounds and am so excited! I do have a whole lot more to go, but hey I'm on the right track. I definitely can't wait for warmer weather either!

The McClellan Clan said...

I had SO much fun yesterday. The whole time I was like-dude why don't I do this more often. It kills me that I don't. So hopefully I can get better at that. You are SO fun to be with. We are good talkers together!! Great job with everything! Hope to see you again soon!!

TOYA said...

Sounds like fun. I know I can't believe how fast time goes. Our 10 year reunion is coming up in another 2 years. Can you believe that????