Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Weekend.

What a nice weekend. Spring is getting closer everyday. I love the time change of spring ahead. When our snow melted, I notice this crazy pattern on our grass:



I just brushed it aside, but G.J. told me that we had trouble. Voles…..they look like this:



They are kind of like a mouse, kind of like a mole. They lived under our snow all winter and ate our grass clear to the dirt. I guess that there are TONS of them in Vernal this year. I have heard of several different people having problems with them. When I went to get the bar bait to kill the little creatures, they said they had heard of them everywhere this year…weird.

On Friday night, G.J. and I got a babysitter and went to the fireside by Richard Paul Evans.



It was WONDERFUL…..truly life changing as silly as that sounds. G.J. and I have been working very hard to get our finances in order. We are officially debt free other than our mortgage. We have a really good 72 hour kit. We have 100+ gallons of water stored. We almost have a complete and full 3 months supply of food and supplies. We have money in a safe and in the band. I know there is SO much more to be done, but I feel pretty good about what we have accomplished thus far.

Saturday was very boring. The highlight of that day was my girl’s night out with Mandy:



We always have so much fun. We don’t get together very often any more, but when we do, it is always fun. We had a gourmet dinner at Golden Corral. Then we hit the case lot sales at Smiths, got an ice cream, went to Maurice’s, Wal-Mart, and I don’t know where else. It was a much needed get-out-of-the-house evening.

Today was a nice day at church,a nap, and dinner at my parents. I was very sad to see G.J. head out of town for work. He will be gone until Thursday. I HATE it when he leaves. I need him here more than he knows. Although for some strange reason I can keep the house cleaner when he is gone…I still really enjoy his company, help, and love. He doesn’t go too often, but things always go wrong when he is gone. The kids get sick, something breaks, I have a TON of things to do….and no help with my kids. I know he is bored at his training, but I am jealous that he gets to eat nice meals, relax in a hotel bed, only take care of himself….he does deserve a break like this though now that I think about it!

So, that is about it for now. I am gearing up for a very busy week. After this week I am going to start my favorite thing ever, SPRING CLEANING! Have a nice day!

12 comments:

Megan said...

Good luck on that spring cleaning, I did that myself this weekend... but now to the yard. We live next to fields and have all the animals, so we have had our share of mice around. Ewww, I hate them so bad! Sick me out! Thank goodness for our mice loving dogs! Have a good week!

Josh and Kristen said...

Um, yuck about the little mice. I've never even heard of them. Weird. I also read some of your last posts, and yes. I LOVE Modbe. You are not a crazy saleslady, and I think I know who you are talking about. I have had the same problem with her. I would come to an unveiling at your house! Any excuse to go shopping for cute clothes, right? You are a sweetheart. I guess I'll see you at Candace's on Wed???

Anonymous said...

My mom and dad have those same things all over their yard. Good luck with that!!!!

Lacy said...

Better to have the rodants in the yard then in the house! ugh!

Kristi said...

That is crazy about your lawn!! I hadn't ever even heard of them before...! Good luck getting rid of them.

Kelli said...

vert funnny, I was just thinking it must be time for Kandices spring cleaning. hehe

That little devil in your grass is gross! I never heard of them before. Yuck, to think you all were walking around ontop of them or rolling snowmen balls or snow angels on them. *shivers*

have a nice week.

Leisa said...

I guess now I am going to go outside and have a look at my lawn. I haven't paid much attention to it yet. I have never heard of voles, but will keep a watch out now.

Janice {Run Far} said...

I wish you could come spring clean my house for me.

Cassie said...

Sounds like you guys had fun in Disneyland.
That grass rodent is so weird. I hope you can get rid of it easily.
You are so sweet about your husband leaving.
How's Modbe???

Nathan and Shanna said...

Nathan has fire training for the next two Friday nights and Saturday's from 8-4, that is when I plan on getting my spring cleaning done...I hope. We haven't had a problem with rodents. Cats do come in handy! PS I LOVE Modbe. Let me know when you are having your next party!

Kael and Katy said...

Oh I totally wanted to go to that fireside, but kael voted to go to the JAZZ game instead! I'm jealous you got to go I heard it was so awesome! :) How are you? I miss not seeing you every Monday and Wednesday for dinners any more :)

Candace and Brian said...

Glad you had such a great weekend. I need to start spring cleaning too. I have had those mice in our last yard. Yuck!! I hope they don't travel this way. Can't wait to see you today. HOpefully you're surviving without GJ!