
Yesterday, we found out that the new Walgreens opened up in our town. I was excited that Mandy called me for a girls/boys night out. We decided to take Quayd and Gavin on a double date to dinner, a movie, and Walgreens. We had Arby's for dinner. The boys wanted to see "Race to Witch Mountain." It was pretty cool. I think we all really enjoyed it. It was pretty intense, and the boys were really good.

Then it was time for the main event..... I have to say...

I LOVE THIS STORE!!! It is wonderful. I am so glad one came to our town. I am going to switch all our prescriptions over to there because they have a drive up window. How cool is that! We let the boys chose a prize and a treat. They had such a fun time! I am so glad I got to do something special with Gavin. It seems I always do special stuff with Hallie, and Kayler requires so much of my attention all day long. And I am also so glad I have such a great friend that will hang with me! I will admit I have been SUPER lonely lately. GJ had been out of town all week. I felt very lonely and pretty down all week, so this was a perfect way to snap me out of it. Thanks Mandy and Quayd!!!
Saturday I did a Modbe party for my Sister-in-law Emily. It was a nice little getaway. That evening G.J. and I went to our ward temple night. It is always so good to be in the temple.
Today was church as usual. Kayler was being a little rambunctious in sacrament, and this lady behind us kept telling him very rudely, SHHH! Then I heard her tell her daughter, "I can't believe they would bring a kid like him to church." I will be honest-it hurt my feelings really bad. Thank goodness for the lesson we had right after sacrament in Relief Society about being peacemakers, forgiving, etc. It made me feel a little better and forgive a little faster.
After church I went to visit my friend Erin and her brand new baby girl Savannah. She was SO cute. Then I went for a walk at the walking park. Now I am about to have my Sunday nap. I gotta get some rest in before my busy week of Spring Cleaning. Have a great day!
12 comments:
after my sister explained just how cool walgreens really is-I'm super excited too! (at first, it didn't seem like it had any good deals but then she told me how to go about shopping like a grown up now and I am so excited to start getting all the great deals she's getting!)
You are always so good to spread yourself equally to all those around you-that's great! Your kids and hubby are very lucky to have you in their lives (and all the rest of us are, too!)
I switched all of our meds to walgreens in dec and each of us got a 25 dollar gift card (3 of them) because they had a drive threw and 24 hours. But now they have set hours and neither Kevin or I have set less than 30 minutes in the drive threw without any cars in front of us......so then I switched to Riteaid. they would only give me one 25 dollar gift card because kevin and kylers needed to call the docs so they were new and not transfered rx. so then this month I am swithing all kyler and I to fred meyer, its where I shop anyway and they only will give one 25 dollar gift card per address not per person. but all those cards have really helped with budget and fun snacks. hehe
what a fun date.
Wow you have already been super busy!!! I'm still sitting around waiting for lunch. :) I am so excited for Erin and can't wait to see her little girl. I hear she is really cute. Sorry about church today. It is SO hard to not get feelings hurt. This too shall pass. I'm so glad GJ is home and you were able to go out and play last night. You deserve it!
I'll have to take Questen for a date. I never get to see him with school and friends. Great idea!
When Violet was 7 mnths we went to the movie. Babies were crying everywhere. Violet was giggling and cooing I thought I would be polite and go to the back. Some lady turned around and said Can't you shut that baby up. I was mortified and hurt...She wasn't even crying or really that loud and I felt that I had done more then others to be polite. (It was a work and the glory movie)Shane finally came to look for me then he walked back in and told the lady "It's been a year since my wifes been out of the house. Thanks a lot for making her cry!" He shouldn't have said anything, but I have to say it did make me feel better.
It's good to be forgiving. I think the older ladies forget what it was like...
Ha, Vernal is really moving up in the world! We took Gabe to the witch mountain movie this weekend too, it was pretty good! Have a good week...I need to spring clean, but don't want to!
You are so awesome!! Isn't it sad when things are said and people don't even know the whole story!! When I read what that women said, I honestly teared up!! I guess when you have someone in your family that takes that special attention it makes you a little more sensitive to those things!! Or it could be that I am prego!!haha!! You are such a fun mom!! I hope I can do the things you do with my kids when they are older!! I wish I was excited about spring cleaning. Maybe I will have to take some lessons!!
Kandice! THANK YOU!!!! for inviting me to your blog!!!! I cant tell you how happy it made me!!! I am sorry someone said that at church....I loved the lessons yesterday!!!! i felt so good after church!!! Tell Erin I said congratulations on her baby! I love Walgreens too! Ryan and I went for the first time the other night because Walmart was closed and I am SOLD !!!! have a great day!!!-nikki
wow girl. You've been busy, but you look like you've been having so much fun. I love it all!! Tell Erin I said congrats. Wish I wasn't sitting her in Provo ;)
nice weekend!!
I didn't know Erin had her baby. I'm glad you posted about it. Congrats to them. I had my first Walgreen’s experience yesterday. It's fun to get some new useful stores in Vernal. How fun to go on a special date night with your son. I’m sure he had a blast as well.
What an awesome date. I think that I need to do something like that with my boys as well! I can't believe that lady at your church. Sometimes I think that people need to think before they speak! I really admire you and all that you do! One of these days we should get together and hang out! Keep up the GREAT JOB!
we too have been so excited. We finally made it last night and got some Samoa cookie ice cream! Yeah.. talk about good. If you want to break your diet, I suggest you try it :)
Post a Comment