Saturday, March 21, 2009

The fruits of my labors...finally!

I FINALLY finished the huge chore of Spring Cleaning. My cute/funny friend asked me the other day, "so....what exactly IS spring cleaning, I don't get it?" Well...to me that means going through all closets, drawers, etc. Washing windows, bedding, walls, washing well.... everything. Then I either throw away the junk, give it to someone, or take it to DI. It feels SO good to have everything clean and organized and put together. I am so excited to REST next week....and not even think about cleaning at all.

I was a little a nervous about posting pictures of my house. I didn't want to seem boastful or prideful like look at me... I did however want to document what my house looks like at this time. I think it will be fun in 5 or 10 years to look back and see what has changed. I felt like a real-estate agent taking these pictures...lol. It was fun though, so enjoy the tons of pictures!


Master Bathroom views 1 & 2



Master Bedroom views 1 & 2



Boys Bathroom



Gavin's Bedroom views 1 & 2 and his closet





Kayler's Bedroom views 1 & 2 and his closet




Front Room view 1



Living room views 1 & 2



Kitchen and pantry



Laundry/Mud Room


Spare Bathroom


Basement views 1, 2, & 3




Storage Room views 1 & 2



Hallie's Bathroom




Hallie's Bedroom



Spare Bedroom (which nobody comes and stays in....so if you need a place, give us a call!!!)



p.s., I got a comment from my Friend Cassie and she suggested I make it a challenge/tag....everyone get their spring cleaning done, and then take pictures of their houses. I love to look at other peoples houses and the cute decor, styles, and just all the different personalities in a house. So, consider yourself tagged. Even if you don't spring clean, at least take pictures of you house and share, it will be a fun tag to start~!

18 comments:

Kelli said...

very nice and very clean. AND I am on my way to claim that extra room as my own. hehe (BTW, I asked you to take pictures last year of your spring cleaning (well before and after pics) but still pics)

Cassie said...

How inspiring. I needed some motivation to do my spring cleaning. I need to wash my windows. I want to post pics of my new house on my blog....but whenever it is actually clean I forget to take pics.
You should make this a tag, to do spring cleaning and then post pics. Maybe then I would actually do it!
You have a beautiful home, so big!

Hillary said...

You should be bragging, your house looks awesome!! Way to go, that takes so much time and effort, I need to do a spring cleaning run. Thanks for the inspiration

Kristi said...

looks so nice! I also love seeing other's home and decor. It helps give me ideas for my home.

Candace and Brian said...

Your house looks beautiful as always. Honestly your house is always clean but there is something about Spring Cleaning that always makes you feel the world of difference. I don't know how soon I'll get on the bandwagon with you but hopefully soon!

Heidi J said...

so clean. Nice job. Every room looks perfectly in place.. how did that happen when you have kids? Deegan's room would look messy in .5 seconds!

Megan said...

I swear I could Spring clean once a month, and still find crap I don't need... It just accumulates so fast! Good job Girl! I love the pictures! I'm sure it will sell fast! :)

Ben and Marcie said...

Good job on the spring cleaning! It's always so nice to have over with! Your house is adorable!

Janice {Run Far} said...

Ya..... your house ALWAYS looks that good. To be honest I seriously don't know what you spring clean. Me how ever... Only been in my house since Oct and yikes.... I have been Spring cleaning before my family gets here and holy moly.. I am a sick mess of a housewife. Oh well. Someday when yoy come out to visit me. I want to spen some time having you tell me what to change and how to make it all better.
Love you and miss you like crazy.

Happy Birthday tomorrow.

Brett and Diane said...

Wow you desire a whole month of no more cleaning, if only that could happen right.=) I loved looking at your house. I love seeing how others decorate and plus the last time I was at your house your basement was unfinished so it was fun to see it done. Very nice!

Lacy said...

Looks great! I don't know how you did it all in one week! I'll pay you to come do mine.

Nathan and Shanna said...

WOW! Very inspiring! I have had plans to get mine done by now as well, but had some unexpected events come up. Hopefully this week. I thought I was pretty organized, until I saw how very organized your house is. I can learn a lot from you! Thanks for sharing.

Briana said...

I haven't checked blogs out in forever....I am horrible. I love the video you posted. And your house looks awesome. Can you come help me with mine? I need someone to help me get organized.

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

Your house looks awesome! Absolutely spotless. But it always looks perfect to me. I love how organized all your closets are. I need to work on that at my house.
I love spring cleaning, too...but I don't think it's happening this year. Maybe I'll do a mid-summer deep cleaning. Maybe.

Ramanda said...

You are my cleaning, organizing, and decorating hero!!! I totally lack in those skills so you are an inspiration to me! Just don't expect pictures of my house! There is no decor or anything that makes it look like it has a woman's touch. So sad!

Hope you have a great Birthday today!!

Danielle Hacking said...

It all looks amazing! I bet it feels good to have over and done with! Great Job!

Mandy said...

Ok. So I know that to YOU this is super spring cleaned.... but to me... it looks the very same as it always does.

I love it though and I am glad you posted these pictures.

LOVE YOU!!!

Josh and Kristen said...

It looks great. I will maybe post some more organized pictures, if I ever get around to it. I feel like every time I turn around there is something else to unpack or take care of. GRRRR... I am cracking up that we both have the same kit as backgrounds for our blogs. I mean they are different, but the same, you know? I guess that means we both have good taste!! Hehe.