Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Weigh in Wednesday, amongst other stuff

Well....I am so sorry to report that I gained 2 1/4 lbs in one week. That goes to show you how working out only 1 time in a week can put on the weight. Add to that my very very favorite candy of all time, EASTER CANDY coming into the picture, and those are the results you get. Next Tuesday is my last weigh in for this session of class. I need to lose 3 lbs in this week to make the 10 pound goal and to get half my money back for the class. I am going to do the class again with my sis-in-law and my friend Kyndi. If anyone else is interested, it starts March 31st at 4:45...then continues for 9 weeks at 5:00 every Tuesday.

Moving on....remember back in the fall when I got all tough and was so set on potty training Kayler....Well, yah, that didn't happen. It went terribly for a couple days, then we got his Autism/Asperger's diagnosis, and I just stopped. It helped that I had Dr.'s, therapists, etc. telling me not to even try until HE was ready. It did NOT help to have family and others say....he's almost 3-you better get him trained. I didn't want the fight of explaining that his situation is a little different. One person even told me...and I will not say names, even though this person does not read my blog...that I was Lazy . I was like, HELLO....I had Hallie potty trained at 20 months, and Gavin right at 2 with great success-I am NOT lazy. I am not going to "parent train" myself to take him to the bathroom when he himself is not ready.

Anyways....enough of that. I went to a potty training workshop last week. I also found a wonderful tutorial/book/website that I have been using. I have officially started again. I had to get myself psyched up again, make sure Kayler was ready, and in addition to the tools that I listed on my post that you can see here... I also purchased this video.



I talked to Gavin and Hallie's old preschool teacher Stefni Jo. She has a niece with Asperger's and she said the whole family LOVED this video. Kayler loves music, and learns very well with it, so we will see how it goes. She is so sweet, and she is also working on a little song for me that I can sing with him, and even offered to let him come to her preschool (Brand new this fall!) with him. We will wait until he is 4 though.

I also purchased these things called pods....(I laughed, it sounds just like Pads...and after you read the description you will see that is basically what it is, just baby sized!)



PODS - Potty On Discrete Strips

"It only makes sense to potty train children in their own underwear and if a wetting action occurs the change from warm and dry to cool and feeling wet lets them quickly realize there's been some kind of change. PODS are also very helpful for older children. It is sometimes difficult to be an older child and still have problems. PODS can give older children their self-esteem back, and help them to be a part of their peer groups."

Sooooo anyways, he has been doing fairly well. He loves the reward part of getting a treat, and always has to "give me 5" after he goes. Along with potty training, I am almost half way done with my spring cleaning. It feels so good to get everything in order. Have a great day!

12 comments:

Brett and Diane said...

I hear ya with that Easter candy. Every time I go shopping it's just calls out to me.=) Good luck dropping those 3lbs so you can get half you money back. I love reading your helpful tips about potty training. They are going to be very helpful to me in the future. I think it's good that you remember that every kids is so different because it's so true!

Kassi Luck said...

oh I love easter candy!! I am sorry individuals have been so rude about potty train. You are not the least bit LAZY!! Good luck with the potty training!! Sounds like you have some fun ideas for kayler!!

Kelli said...

I cant believe someone would say lazy to someones face and YOU of all people. Your anything BUT lazy. Great job. Kimber is doing really well with peeing and half and half with the poop thing. Finally after almost three weeks she went on the potty (poop) her and Kayler are almost the same age (I think Kimber is a month older or so) and I believe when they are ready they will, not potty training the parent. Hey, my Kyler was 5. hehe. But he didnt start going pee until he was 2 after his transplant so I waited almost three years like other children. hehe

Nathan and Shanna said...

Kandice you are such a Good Mommy and I can plainly see that you are by no means LAZY! I am going to have to try those PODS out. I have figured out the night time with my Brooklyn now just need to work on the day time accidents! Good Luck with yours!

Kristi said...

Good luck with the potty training! I also hear you on the Easter candy, I think it has somehting to do with the color of it too, it justs screams spring is here celebrate!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

I HATE potty training. That has been the hardest thing for me to get through. Now that we are done, our house is a much happier place to be. Good Luck!

Candace and Brian said...

I knew to check your blog today because it was 'weigh in Wednesday.' I came home from your house last night a little sad-I kept telling Brian I needed to spring clean and work out like you but honestly I had no motivation. Jhett's down for a nap and I could be cleaning but what am I doing...blogs. Yep my priorities aren't straight this week. I was going to call you to go on a walk but realized you would be waiting for Gavin to get off the bus. I'll have to grab you later. Thanks for the paste last night. You saved me. Talk to you later!

Lacy said...

Hey I just signed up for weight watchers here in Roosevelt. I'm so excited and yet totaly confused about what to fix for dinner tonight!
Keep up yur work and the weight wil come off.

I read somewhere that nationwide the average boy was 4 before he's potty trained. So your not behind or lazy!

Anonymous said...

You are like super mommy! I admire you so much! Thanks for all the great tips! Have a great day!!!

Danielle Hacking said...

It will all be worth it, and you are the best mommy. These are great tips for the future ;)

Cassie said...

Guess what? I am lazy,I don't even want to potty train Noah. When I ask him if he wants to be a big boy and go peepee in the potty he says "no". So I really need to get on the ball, but I just can't make myself.
You for sure are not lazy. I would slap that lady! How rude. You do an amazing job with Kayler. Don't you love that I act like I know you so well. I feel like I do!

Hillary said...

Kandice, one thing I have definitely come to learn about you is that the LAST thing in the world you are is lazy. I am a huge believer in waiting until the kids themselves are ready, and only you know when that is, and it sounds like you've found some great tools. Good luck. And yeah, easter candy is the devil, especially Cadbury mini-eggs.