Saturday, January 12, 2008

The day about Visiting Teaching, Birthdays, and my new pet peeve.

Well, it feels like I have been holding my breath for over a year, and today I can finally let it out. I am the Visiting Teaching Coordinator in my ward. Every year my job is to hold a big VT conference and today was the day. A lot of time, money, effort, and even blood, sweat and tears went into it. I won’t bore you with the details, but all I can say is hooray that it is over. It turned out absolutely perfect and I am so happy. Now I can already feel myself sucking in a breath again, because I bet I will still have this calling next year so I have to start thinking of ideas again. It really sucks being an over-organized detail oriented planner like I am.
My next item of business is the busy month of January birthdays. Brace yourself as I tell you the people that are important in my life that have a birthday in January: my husband, my son, my dad, my mother in law, my brother, my grandpa, my 2 nieces, my sister in law, my aunt, and one of my close friends. How is that for overwhelming? We had a small get-to-gether for my brother Kael tonight. He is 30 today. On Monday we are holding a huge party for G.J., Gavin, Kael, and my Dad. My parents will be out of town for the birthdays later in then month, and we are leaving for Phoenix over Gavin’s birthday, so we are having one huge celebration for all of them. Gavin is going to have the birthday of his dreams. Even though he won’t have any of his little friends, we have a wonderful party planned. We are going to be in Arizona, visiting his grandparents. We are going to be warm, which is going to be wonderful. Next, George and Rosanne reserved a party center that has tons of huge inflatable play things. It is called “Pump It Up!” It is supposed to be so much fun. There is a little throne for the birthday boy and a party room that will be decorated with his pirate birthday stuff that he wanted so bad. Best of all, he will be with his family, grandparents, and his cousins Katlyn and Joey, and Aunt Lorrie, all of whom he loves very much. I am so excited for him. There is nothing better than seeing true joy and happiness and the look on your child’s face when they feel special, and I just can’t wait!
So even though I am excited for him for his party, I am mostly excited to get out of this wicked weather. I have decided I have a new #1 pet peeve. It is the sound of extremely frozen snow under my feet, tires, etc. It is a horrendous noise that just gave me chills just thinking of it. I hate winter. Period. Hate it. I want spring to come so bad for so many reasons. This next week we will get a little tiny 4 day glimpse of what lies ahead, so I am really excited for that. I will post a huge blog all about our trip. Wish us safety, happy-healthy kids, good weather, and a safe return home. Even though it will be to our cold home, we are truly blessed for all we have, and that is all that matters. Have a good day!
Oh yeah, one more thing. I notice on my good friend Mandy’s blog that she thanked all the people who read her blog. So I will follow that, and say thanks. I am truly shocked as well at how many people have called or told me that they read it. It is flattering and inspires me to post better more interesting things. So thanks, and I hope all who read get the desire to write one themselves. That way I will have more to read about and be able to keep in touch without actually even talking…did that make sense? Anyways, thanks!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

kandice,
Where did you get your cute layout. by the way, I have a blog now. it is jakelindseyandgirls.blogspot.com
I love seeing pictures and reading about what is going on with your family. It was good seeing you over the holidays

Danielle Hacking said...

Hi Kandice, I found your page on Nikki's page. Your page is so cute and you a great blogger. Its great to see how everyone is doing, and what they are doing. Hope you have fun on your trip down south. We leave for Maui on Thursday the 17th we can wait! My blog page is http://www.tdhacking.blogspot.com

Josh and Kristen said...

Thank your for your help Kandice. I really appreciate when people are so willing to share their experiences and advice. That is what I am finding is so great about blogging. I think I am going to check into it tomorrow, making the appointment is the first step, right?

Jesenia said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time, I am ready for a little warmth myself. Your pictures are so cute of the kids, they look like thay had a great time.