Happy Birthday to my Georgie. I’m sure he loves it when I call him that. He is the big 26 today! Birthdays when you get older just aren’t much fun. I am trying to make it as special as possible though. I was going to wake up early and go to Burger King to get him his favorite breakfast. It snowed a lot last night though, and I didn’t wake up early enough to go get it for him. I did get his favorites Dominoes pizza for lunch though. I gave him his gift of 2 new shirts for work and a new pair of work shoes. He also got jazz tickets for a game on March 20th from my mom and dad. His mom and dad sent him a very nice card and money, which he will thoroughly enjoy I am sure. We are going to go to Stockman’s for dinner, he loves steak. After that, I am going to take the babysitter home and head to my moms. They are out of town, and they asked us to house-sit this weekend. G.J. is going to go to a movie he has been wanting to see. Cloverfield or something like that. Then I will get the kids to bed and when he comes to my moms we are going to play the Wii until we get tired, which unfortunately happens pretty early when you get old as us….lol. J/k.
Moving on, I wanted to update on some of the cute, naughty, funny, and mischievous things my kids have been doing. We will start with Kayler. He has formed a terrible temper. Must be the tiny bit of Mexican he has in him. Whenever he is tired of a situation or frustrated, he will just start saying bye-bye over and over because he must think that will get him out of what he doesn’t like. Either that or he will throw his head back on the floor and kick and scream and yell, “Mean, Mean, Mean!” Meaning that we are being mean to him. The cute thing he is doing is starting to say more words. He is trying really hard to figure them out. G.J. and I have both been sneaking him into bed with us at night. He falls asleep later than the older kids and so we bring him to our bed and let him watch cartoons. His very favorite is Dora, and thanks to Noggin being on late at night with Dora, Blues Clues, and Diego, we can keep him entertained forever. He just snuggles up right between us and we both cherish the time alone with our little guy and then put him in his crib to drift off to sleep.
Gavin is so funny. He has started to be just like Hallie was at that age, saying some of the darndest things. He is still his same mischievous self. His latest antic was today. Over the weekend we had dinner in Arizona and his little cousin Joey was hiding food “behind” his ear and then pretending it disappears and the reappears and so forth. Well, Gavin must have misunderstood the concept because today I was cleaning out his ears, and I found a few grains of dried up rice IN his ears. Lol, poor little guy. He also must be getting the munchies late at night, because this morning I found a whole box of frozen waffles under his bed that he had gotten the night before because they were all thawed out and mushy. I asked him about it and he said his belly was all rumbly and it made his heart break and so he thought he better feed it. He also got his 5 yr shots this week, and he limps everywhere. He has such skinny little legs I know that it hurts, but it is so sad to see him limp and walk and whine.
Next is Hallie, she is always saying the most clever and silly things. This weekend she was telling her cousin Katlyn about her bully and she said, “_______is very pretty on the outside but ugly on the inside.” I think I told her that once, and it must have stayed in her mind. Her naughty act of the week was feeding Kayler a booger. I came downstairs and he was chewing or swallowing something, so I asked her. She acted like it was no big deal and she said, “oh, I just fed him a booger.” That is nothing to what she fed Gavin a few months ago. She was alone with Gavin in her bathroom. He came out choking and crying. I asked what was wrong and he said that Hallie had made him drink some yucky yellow pop. Well I went in to investigate because I knew we didn’t have any “yellow pop” in our house. Sure enough, she had peed in a cup, made him drink some. After I almost puked…..I made poor little Gavin rinse his mouth, and Hallie had the worst punishment by me making her stay in her room alone for a few hours with no toys. She was petrified of what her daddy was going to do or say to her when he got home. He of course would never spank her, but just having him be disappointed in her was enough to break her heart and have her sobbing as soon as she heard his car pull up in the garage. She sure learned her lesson.
Having kids is the best and the worst all in the same breath. Most days are filled with work work work and sacrifice. It is the smallest moments that just make it all worth it. I am truly blest to have 3 wonderful children that I love, G.J. loves, and I hope they love us too. Have a good day!
3 comments:
Oh. My. Gosh. That's about all I can say. You definitely have your hands full. Harli is also throwing tantrums. She's very dramatic, too. We sometimes laugh at her and it makes her even more upset and more dramatic. I'll have to catch one of them on camera one of these times.
WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!?!?!?!?!?!!!! I DON'T THINK ANY OF US CAN TOP YOU ON YOUR STORY!!! Oh the joy of kids!!!!!!
Hey I wanted you to know that I tagged ya, so read my post will ya!!!!! Have fun!!!
Um- Yuck
Post a Comment