Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The day of being Tagged....2 times

OK, So I got tagged 2 times, once by Jocelyn, and once by Liberti. I have already posted a “tag” blog awhile back, so I combined their questions and hopefully it won’t bore you to death.

This is Jocelyn’s tag (they are just questions):

10 years ago: I was dancing, doing great at school, into boys, driving without a queslicense, probably a very immature 15 yr old, and that’s about it.

On my to-do list: - Just be me, have fun, be a good person, mother, wife, daughter, friend, etc. I wish I could go on a vacation, to the spa, go shopping, sleep in.

5 places that I've lived: - Let me see, this might be tough….Vernal, and then there was that one time when I lived in Vernal, until we moved back to Vernal. That’s all.

5 jobs I have had: Worked for an orthodontist. That’s the only job I have ever had. I’m a loser. I became a mom too quickly to ever have the chance to pursue a career

What I would do if I became a billionaire: Well, if it was right, I would pay tithing on it. Pay off all debts and the debts of my favorite friends and family. Put some in savings for a rainy day! Then I would buy what I wanted when I wanted and not worry about finances ever again.

Bad habits: - biting my nails. Being too impatient. Too much of a neat freak

Things I enjoy: Shopping, reading, friends, a clean house, happiness, the beauty of nature.

Things people don't know about me: I will explain that in the next thing that I got tagged about.

Liberti’s tag was the same tag that I did a few months ago. It was to say 6 things people may not know about me. I decided instead to broaden on something that people may or may not know about me.

I am a neat freak. But, I feel it is a little bit more on the OCD side. I like things to be just so. It didn’t start until after Hallie was born. It just happened one day when I realized that it was My house and running it was MY responsibility. No magic fairy was going to come along and just do it all. In the beginning, I was extreme. I followed Hallie around as she played and picked up toys behind her and I could almost sense if one little thing was out of place. I had a zillion lists for every detail of my life. I have toned down just a bit now, to a livable standard.
I will give you a little example of how my day goes, but I must start at nighttime, because that is when I begin planning for the next day. I have my beloved white board that I write everything that needs to get done the next day. This is just stuff like errands, phone calls, bills, and stuff for the kids, cleaning, etc. Then I scan the house and pick up, because who likes to wake up to a dirty house. Then I go to sleep. Then I wake up, send Hallie off to school. I usually get a few minutes of exercise in, eat my breakfast, check my email, shower, and then wake up my boys. I feed them breakfast and get them ready for the day. Then I make beds and clean up breakfast. If it is Tues, Wed, or Thurs, I take Gavin to school, and run any errands while he is there at school. Let’s not forget making sure the house is clean, because heaven forbid I come back to a dirty house. Then I come home and it is lunch time. G.J. usually comes home around this time. We eat lunch and then I clean it up. Then it is time to play with my boys and watch cartoons with them etc. This goes on until 2 p.m. when it is naptime. Kayler usually goes right down; Gavin takes a bit of persuading. Then while they nap, I pick up any mess we may have made while playing or watching TV. Then I sit down for a little R & R, or do any projects that I might have, which usually I do. Then Hallie comes home and I talk and play with her. By this point, the boys are awake and it is time to start dinner. I am a terrible cook. My poor family. My kids are so picky, and GJ is too sweet to complain and we just make do with whatever. That is my biggest flaw, if I could just cook as well as I cleaned that would be great. Anyways, G.J. comes home, we have dinner and I clean up. Then we spend time together until bath time for the kids. Then they go to bed, and I make my list for the following day when it all starts over again. I do have different schedules on Mondays and Fridays, because those are laundry/cleaning days. Saturdays and Sundays are just kind of whatever days. Another thing that comes along with my cleanliness obsession is my organization, promptness, very on top of things manner. I don’t know why I am like that. I am always on time. I never forget a Birthday of family and friends. I think that people trust me to get anything done.
Someone once said that they hate coming to my house because it is so clean and they feel they will mess something up. There are also people that hate me to come to their house because they think I will be uncomfortable if it is dirty. Both of those things are SOO not true. My house can be a disaster at any given time; it just depends on the events of the day. I just know that anything can be picked up and so I can handle it. As far as going to others and being uncomfortable, that just doesn’t happen. The reason I can do this is because at other places, it is not MY mess, not MY problem, so in a way it is a relief that I don’t have to worry about it. I also had someone ask me when I ever get rest. I don’t rest often, but it is kind of nice, because you know what they say, an idle mind is dangerous. Sometimes I feel like I have serious control issues with it all, and I have had people recommend that I see a therapist or get on medication. I don’t know if it is necessarily a control issue, but now that I think about it, maybe it is. This world is full of uncertainty, there is just not much that we have control over. Cleaning and being organized and on time is something that I CAN control, so I choose to do so. Sometimes I do want to run away from it all and just let my house be a disaster all the time and to never be on time and to forget birthdays and not pay bills and never have people depend on me. But that would just not be me. I like to be this way; it is how I feel comfortable.
So, I am sorry if I offend or intimidate anyone for being this way. That is never my intention. I am just being me in my own little way. I hope that I did not bore you completely to death with this little insight into my mind and my life behind closed doors. If anything, I hope that it can give anyone who reads this a better understanding of me. This was a super long post, thank goodness I have some good songs on here to listen to while you read my rambling. Have a good day!

p.s. need I say I am a tad bit SHOCKED at how many people visit my blog. I installed the little counter on Sunday night, and here is it Tuesday afternoon and I already have over 100 visitors. I’m flattered, yet kinda freaked out that I have a stalker or something. But thank you to all who read, you need to all get accounts so you can leave me comments, I love to hear from people.

p.s.s. I am supposed to tag other blog writers to answer these same questions, but I will just leave it up to whoever is looking for someone to write something, go ahead and do it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kandice! Yes, I am a blog stalker! :D I get on my computer like twice a day to check everyone's blogs. I guess you could say that I'm obsessed. :D

I LOVE that you are so much like me - I could copy/paste your daily routine - it's exactly like mine. I'm also obsessed with keeping my house clean and organized and I also make lists for EVERYTHING. Before I had Harli people would come over to my house and say "wow, it's so clean - just wait until you have kids, it'll never be clean again". WRONG. My house can get messy, but I never let it get that way for very long. I'm like you - never resting. I think of it as being a form of excersize - if I'm always busy moving around the house I'm obviously burning calories, right? te-he. Okay, that's just silly. Anyway... loved your blog entry. I'm glad I'm not the only "crazy obsessive" person out there. :D

The McClellan Clan said...

okay, so my house isn't that clean the crazy thing though is that I'm cleaning all the time. Well not anymore with the trailer and all. but that doesn't even stay the cleanest. One toy is out and the whole trailer is out of whack!!! But you are totally write. when you go to other peoples house you just know, its not my house not my mess. I will say my house may have toys but scrubbing clean it is done. but there will be toys out, no matter what!!
Thanks for answering the tag, no one else I tagged did. So it has been fun getting to know you a little better!!!!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

Hey, my name is Sha Nielson. I am Candace's sister-in-law and we met once. Anyway, I am not your stocker, but I have checked your blog a few times. I hope you don't mind. Candace is clean FREAK too. But I think it can be a good thing. Anyway, happy cleaning tomorrow! :)

Sha