Well, here I sit on the eve of the first day of the New Year. I had an incredibly boring day, partly due to the fact that we partied late last night. The other part is that tomorrow is the official day of going back to regular life. No more parties and holiday gatherings, just a new year. Hallie is really sad that she has to go back to school tomorrow. So we just relaxed and napped and ate and sat all day.
Here are a few pictures of my kids over this weekend. I got a really swell new camera for Christmas, and it takes pictures in all colors, and I just love sepia tone, so I took a few of the kids doing random things. Hallie got new stick on nails, a bracelet, and CTR ring from santa so she wanted a picture of that on here too.
Well, we finally did it, we had our first New Year’s Eve Party at our house. Our guest’s in arriving order included: Kael and Emily, Janice and Greg, Mandy and Brett, Shauna and Ryan, and Jason and Jessica. I love to have parties, but I get really stressed. Here is my official top 10 list of why I don’t like to have parties:
1. Choosing who to invite. I never want to leave anyone out, but at the same time I don’t want to make people feel obligated to come.
2. Choosing what to do.
3. Choosing what to eat.
4. Making the food to eat.
5. Cleaning up for the party.
6. Wondering and worrying about who is coming.
7. Worrying that people won’t have fun, won’t like my party, my house, my food, and my other guests.
8. Having a lull in the fun at the party.
9. Cleaning up after the party.
10. The day after the party, where I am exhausted from the party.
Yet, with all that said, we had an AWESOME party, and I will probably do it again. It was seriously so much fun. I felt like everyone that came really had a good time. Janice and Mandy did well at snapping pictures throughout, so they will probably have good pics on their blogs, but I was too busy playing hostess, and I am terrible at taking pictures. There was one snapped of G.J. and I playing some game. He is so funny, and competitive I might add. He really really gets into the game, you can’t see it well in the photo, but his tongue was sticking out to aid in his concentration. The other photo was after the party died down, and everyone had left except Jason and Jessica. G.J. and Jason were really rockin' out, and they were both VERY into it- Full facials, pretend rock star moves, sounds effects, etc. I snapped a pretty good shot of them.
So, thank you for all who came, brought food, and gave us a great start to a New Year. Thanks to the babysitters who watched our kids at my mom’s house, and for my mom and dad who provided for them, and let the kids stay the night after. Happy New Year everyone!!!
1 comment:
Looks like you had a great party! Bunco night tonight at my house. Your number on the list is disconnected, let's update our list tonight so that we have everybody's correct number. Can't wait!
Post a Comment