
Looking at this picture of our prophet, I can’t help but to swell with pride for the wonderful man he was and how he represented our church. He is really the only prophet I have known in my lifetime. I do remember small things about Pres. Benson and Pres. Hunter, but this Pres. Hinckley is the man I have trusted in running our church, and he has done so well. I am sad, but it is a happy sad. I know that he had such a reunion with his wife and all other ancestors. The one person that I just couldn’t help but seeing him reunite with was our savior. I envisioned them hugging and the Savior telling him “well done thy good and faithful servant.” This is true in every way.
The passing of our prophet has brought forth something that was way overdue in my life. I am actually very embarrassed to admit this, but I cried for the first time in over 5 months last night when I heard about him. I am such a control freak over my emotions. I put up such a good front. I wish so bad that I could just let it all out and show on the outside what I was feeling on the inside. Of course I wouldn’t have any friends, and no one would like to be around me, but hey, at least I wouldn’t have to suppress my thoughts and feelings and especially the tears. I have never been a big crier. I do get the lump in my throat a lot, and have the urge to cry, but the tears just never come. I often joke that my anatomy is broken, which could be very true because when I was little I had to have tear duct surgery and reconstruction, so you never know, maybe they broke me so I can’t cry as easy as everyone else. The thing I hate about crying is of course the control issue, the headache that I get from crying, and then I just can’t stop crying because I hold in everything for sooooo long that when I finally do cry, I have a lot to cry about.
So thank you to our dear prophet, first and foremost for his lifetime that built such a legacy for our church, and second, for helping me cry. I really needed it. I know that Pres. Monson (he is who takes over right??) will do a wonderful job, I have always loved him as well. Have a good day!
p.s. My brother shook hands with Pres. Hinckley at our temple ground breaking ceremony…just thought you would like to know that.
p.s.s. Do any of you know how I can like subscribe to the blogs that I like to read? I get tired of playing stalker all day to see if they have written. I know that I have emails that alert me when people leave comments on my blog, but I wondered if I could subscribe to all my friends blogs too. Let me know. Thanks! ~
3 comments:
Isn't it funny how you run into people through the blogging world! Great to read up on you all!
Hi Kandice, thanks for you blog, President Hinckley was an amazing man and prophet.
Thanks for commenting on my blog. Hope your family is doing great. Maui was really fun, it snowed about a foot yesterday, fun weather to come back to ;)
Hi Kandice,
I hope you don't mind I found your blog through Stephanie's page. Thanks for your thoughts on President Hinckley. He brought tears to my usually dry eyes also. What a cute family you have. Love, Ann Stewart
Post a Comment