Monday, November 12, 2007

The days of Cute kids


Well, since I am writing this blog, you will all know that I survived my dreaded day of 11/11. Everything was quite boring. I woke up late, got ready for church, went to church, came home, rested, went to choir, went to my moms for dinner, came home, went to bed....all without an accident.
I decided today to write a few of the funny things my kids have told me, because I really want to remember how cute they are at this age. Hallie and I were driving down the road a couple days ago and we drove past a really big house. This is how the conversation went. Hallie: "I am going to live in a mansion someday when I am 25, and I am going to have a baby when I am 25 too, and my mansion will have 25 rooms." Me: "where will your mansion be?" Hallie: "vernal...or maybe Roosevelt." Me: "ewww. Roosevelt?" Hallie: "well mommy, I wouldn't have to eat the food there or nothing." Then she thought about it for awhile and said, "I think I will have it in Salt Lake because then I can eat at Olive Garden everyday and go to lots of rodeos." (my brother Kris took her to a rodeo last summer...lol must of been a good one). Then she said"I will have a little baby girl first and her name will be Princess, and then I will have another baby girl and her name will be Susan, and then I will have a baby boy and he will be named Jaden after his daddy." Me: "Oh, will your husband be named Jaden?" Hallie: "Yes, mommy, I have a new boyfriend and I am in love. His name is Jaden, and today at recess I asked if I could play with him, and he said, "sure princess!" so that is why I will marry him and why our first daughter will be named Princess!" Isn't she so CUTE, she had really given that a lot of thought.
Gavin is absolutely obsessed with money, quarters, dollar bills, and the dollar store. If he can find quarters, he will close his eyes, put them over his eyes, and fall asleep like that, I need to take a picture. If he has a dollar bill, he will wad it up and sleep with it in his fist and if he wakes up and can't find it he freaks out. The other day he told me, "could we go to the dollar store, the one with the green sign, (meaning dollar tree) and then after that can we go to the three dollar store?" I asked him what the 3 dollar store was and he said it had a red sign, so I thought about it, and G.J.'s mom had taken him to family dollar a few days earlier. He must have noticed that everything there was not just 1 dollar and the toy she had gotten him was 3 dollars, and he remembered that. He is so cute.
I'm very blessed to have such cute kids and I cherish all their little stories and hope they will always be able to tell me anything and that I can be a good listener. Have a good day!

P.S. I promised I would post a pic of my friends, so the pic at the top is one we took Saturday night at Catholic Bingo. I went with Janice, Mandy, Holly, some of Mandy's family, and my mom came for a minute. It was SOOO much fun. I really had a good night.

2 comments:

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

Yup, I'm glad you made me blog. Now I just hope I can keep it up. It's funny--some days I really feel like writing, and other days I dread it. So I might not be as good about doing it daily as you are, but I will try.

Your hair is so pretty in that picture!

Tari said...

I really enjoyed your blog today, that's why I wanted to do this is so that I can remember all the cute things my kids say and do and even the not so cute things!