Monday, November 19, 2007

The days of Holiday Spirit

So today I broke out the Christmas music. Mandy brought me a Josh Grobin Christmas CD and I was so excited and I listened to it all. It was even sweeter that my little Kayler sat on my lap listening happily as I did my work on the computer. I love this time of year. I love deciding what to give people for Christmas. I love receiving the millions of catalogs in the mail and browsing through to find that perfect gift for the people I care about. I am about 1/3 of the way or so finished with my shopping. I love giving, and I love to think of the person opening the gift and knowing that I put a lot of thought into it.

I received an email a while ago that asked the top 4 things I wanted for Christmas. I honestly could not think of one material type thing that I needed. I tried and tried, but all I really could think of was the things that I wanted to give, and the way I wanted to feel this time of year. I love the true spirit of Christmas to radiate in my home. I love to feel happy, attend lots of Christmas parties, see the lights, hear the wonderful Christmas sounds, and just try to soak it all in during the short Christmas season.

Most of all, I love to see my kids enjoy the whole scene of it all. I have such wonderful memories of my childhood and Christmas. I can see my kids acting the same way that I felt so long ago. It has been really fun this year with Kayler talking a little more. He is seeing all these new things and is very curios. I bought him a tiny stuffed Santa at the dollar store the other day. He carries it around and says so cute, “HO, HO, HO!” Hallie and Gavin of course have to scream at me during every commercial of the toys they want, which is not so much fun, but it is cute in a way.

I hope that this Thanksgiving will be a time to reflect on the great year I have had along with my family. I am truly blessed in every way. Have a good Thanksgiving, and make this the best holiday season ever is my wish for all who may read this. Have a good day!

4 comments:

The McClellan Clan said...

hey girl, you are so cute!!!! I sure miss seeing you, you were always so special to me believe it or not, but I truly always looked up to you. I love your blog, the way you worded everything was so inspiring!!! Keep in touch

The McClellan Clan said...

hey, to get music (which i didn't know how to do so my cousin maria emailed me the info)
go to projectplaylist.com its free, sign in for an account and search the music get you a playlist and then there is a place it says share with blogger or myspace, click on that. It will go through everything for ya, and it will give you a code like khfgkasga
dj']'';/////.'[ something wierd. then you copy that whole long crazy code to to blogger page and go to the customize and page elements pick one of those and the copy that code into it and save it and it should work. If this doesn't work let me know, I could have missed a step but I think I got it.

Mandy said...

Ohhhhhhhh, I love Christmas too. You are so awesome and I love you to death. I can totally think of 4 thigs that I want, but like you, I would rather give. Have a great day! and holiday!

love ya!!

The McClellan Clan said...

Yeah you did it. And I'm so glad you got a picture up. Your kids sound so cute, I need more pics!!!