Friday, November 23, 2007

The day about My Thanksgiving Holiday


Well, we made it through turkey day. What an event. We went to my moms as usual. The guests were me and my family, my parents, my brothers, Emily and Rachel, My Grandma and Grandpa, and my Great Aunt Venna. The day was nice, pretty uneventful. The only out of ordinary thing that happened was when the whole family was seated around the table, and my brothers were bringing good ol’ aunt Venna to the table. Well, as she was walking, her pants fell clear to her ankles. So there she stood in front of us all in her garments and adult diaper. She was oblivious to it all, because she is a slightly mentally handicapped along with being 80+ years old. So I ran over and pulled up her pants, and didn’t know whether to cry for her, or laugh. But, since it obviously didn’t bother her, we all just laughed it off. She enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner SOOO much, it was so cute. My mom had to feed her like a little baby because she is no longer able to feed herself. She really enjoyed her doing that. She loved the kids, the TV shows, and loved to have a nap. It was the funniest scene ever, her and my grandparents (all of whom are 80+ yrs old) watching the discovery channel and then simultaneously falling asleep and snoring. I felt so bad when we had to take her back to the care center, but I was so glad that she was able to come.

The day continued on with a movie and more food. Then we went home and broke out the Christmas décor, which was so fun. I woke up this morning and finished it all. There was a community Holly Days celebration, but the wind was blowing and it was SOOO cold. So, G.J. braved the weather and took Hallie and Gavin to a few things. The picture above is of them at a train ride thing or something. I had a few errands to run and me and Kayler just hung out at home.

We finished the evening off by going to my moms to enjoy her new Wii game thing, with a little Guitar Hero and Mario. I am not so good at it yet, but give me time…lol. Anyways, to keep the kids busy while the adults were playing we became desperate with activities for them to do. My brother Kris gave Kayler his $400+ Blackberry Phone to play with. Well, pretty soon, Kayler was nowhere in sight. I searched and found him in the bathroom, dipping the phone in and out of the toilet. He was soaked in toilet water, and I am sorry to say that I think that phone has heard its last ring. I feel so bad about it. Guess us adults shouldn’t try to be kids again by playing videogames.

Anyways, our thanksgiving was nice, and I am really starting to get into the holidays and am fully enjoying every second, because it just doesn’t last long enough. Hope you all had a good time too. Have a good day!!

3 comments:

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe it about the Blackberry! But Wii's look so fun, so I can see how you were all distracted. I'm glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving!

The McClellan Clan said...

HOLY COW!!!!! Poor Kris!!!! How is he doing, by the way?
That sucks, but hey that wii is so much fun. right!!!
That sounds like a fun holiday!!! And the holly day celebration sounds fun, but I heard Vernal is FREEZING!!!!! Hope they didn't freeze to death

Mandy said...

k, i figured out how to see if you have a new comment. ready? k.

when you are looking at your blog.... click in the right top corner, CUSTOMIZE.

Then there are little tabs about 1/4 of the way down, choose SETTINGS.

Then just below that, click the blue button that says COMMENTS.

Scroll all the way down and there is a thing called COMMENT NOTIFICATION. you just enter your email. sweet, huh?

later