Saturday, August 7, 2010

What a difference a week makes! :)

Wow-What a difference a week makes!

This past week slowed down significantly. First off, Monday after our normal cleaning and chores, I sent this little fella off with my parents to Ouray, CO for a week of vacation:



I always get so nervous and upset when I let me kids go for more than a day or two. I just miss them so bad, even though I know they are having so much fun and it is good to let them experience new fun places. I know he is safe and well taken care of, but I still miss him!

Tuesday was EXTREMELY boring. Seriously….I did not have ONE thing to do. My house was cleaned, laundry done, yards done, groceries bought, bills paid…etc. There was NOTHING for me to do. I remembered quickly why I like to have at least one or two things on my list a day to do, because boredom does not suit me well.

Wednesday was a busy day. Miss Hallie had an active day with an eye appointment, Dr. appointment, and Orthodontist appointment. I hadn’t meant to schedule them all on the same day, it just happened that way. My poor kids have G.J.’s eyes, so she was so excited to learn she needed glasses. I am just hoping she will be more careful/mature with them than Gavin is with his! At the Dr. we just had a check up from the tularemia and thyroid troubles she was having. At the orthodontist she found out she has 2 months left of braces if all goes well! I just can’t believe what a little beauty and sweetheart I have on my hands!:




After all those appointment, my mother in law called and asked if we wanted to take a spur of the moment trip to Salt Lake to go school clothes shopping. I never pass up shopping, and I knew that I didn’t have much planned Thursday, and I didn’t want to be bored to death any more days than I had to, so we headed out at 5:30 that night leaving G.J. and Kayler alone to hold down the fort at home. My sweet G.J. even cooked and delivered my dinner group since it was my turn Thursday.

We had a SUPER fun time shopping. My mother in law is SO generous to her grandkids, and we met up with 5 of my nieces and nephew to get some things at the mall for everyone. So including my kids she bought school stuff for 8 of the 12 grandkids that are still in school (3 have graduated, 1 is only 3). The highlight of Hallie’s trip was staying with my sister in law and her family who just happened to have gotten a new puppy:



She could NOT stop talking about Mr. Milo the Goldendoodle puppy. (Golden Retriever and Poodle mixed) So much so that she is convinced she is going to earn enough money for one of her own. We shall see on that one….stay tuned…(because whether I like it or not…I think she is getting one!)

Friday was a day to catch up on work, but we also had my cousins Amie and Megan over with their kids. Megan lives here in town with her 3 boys, but Amie her sister lives in El Centro, CA where her husband is in the FBI. I was so busy chatting and catching up I didn’t even get a picture. We did have a nice afternoon though, and I always enjoy company!

That night we took my Grandpa to the new Sonic in town. He is the PICKIEST eater you will ever know, but surprisingly he loved it. I love him so much, and I cherish all the times I have with him in his ripe old age of 87. After that I took my friend Holly out for her birthday to the new ice cream place. I think I mentioned it in my last post, but between Sonic and Farr’s fresh my diet is suffering, although I have lost almost 10 lbs of the 30 I wanted to lose before my class reunion next weekend!

Today we woke up with high intentions. We finally made it to the lake for the first time this year to play on the beach. I really dislike swimming in lake water, but I got in up to my waist a few times, and the kids and G.J. had a blast playing in the yucky seaweed mossy stuff and mud!:






We came home and were lazy for a few hours since it started raining-so those good intentions of all the outside stuff got set aside. Then the night ended with several errands ran as a family, which is always fun when the kids are good, and one more trip to the Ice Cream store to round out the weekend!

Tomorrow I have sharing time, the 1st of 2 this month. Primary is going O.K…..it is constantly a work in progress, and I have come to accept that.

I am excited to get my baby boy back home, and then it is on to enjoying the last 2 full weeks of Summer! We have school registration this coming week, along with the Cheerleading clinic for Hallie. I am so so sad to see summer slowly (or actually quite quickly!) coming to a close, but I am also excited for my kids to go back to school. We love you all, and hope all is well!

8 comments:

Jesenia said...

I am so excited to see you this weekend!! I also did sharing time today. We will have to swap ideas. Anyways hope all is well see you soon.

Karlee said...

Sheesh... I would give anything to not have a thing to do! I haven't had that feeling in a VERY LONG time! My lists are never ending it seems and quite overwhelming! I don't forsee that changing in the near future either! Oh well! I guess that's the story with young kids! Sounds like a fun week! I REALLY want to try out the new ice cream spot and Sonic too! I will see ya in the morning atleast!!! I better get to bed cause it will be a big day!

Nathan and Shanna said...

Every time I go to Vernal I think of seeing you, but I don't know where you live or even how to get a hold of you, so I'll just have to plan a day. I sent you an e-mail did you get it?

Candace and Brian said...

Glad you had such a great week. I was sad to hear you have a busy week but I have missed you. We will catch up soon though. We still need our girl's night out.

Lacy said...

I know what you mean about the moss it always makes me flinch, but I'd rather be in a huge open lake then in a pool where I know kids are peeing a few feet away from me ewww!

What a lucky girl to have your house clean and be bored!!!

Lacy said...

Kandace I'll have to stop by sometime. It would be fun!
I fb you, though before I do.

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

LOL...I love how your "slow" week is still jam-packed! You are a busy lady.

Hallie looks SO cute with her new glasses. Is it crazy that I think she and Nevie look a little bit alike? I hadn't really thought that until this set of pictures.

So, you're going to the reunion? You better take lots of pictures. Brian refuses to go, and I'm okay with that. But it would've been fun to see everyone.

I might be in Vernal on Monday after our reunion...if so, I'll call ya and maybe we can get together if you're not busy. Don't plan on it or anything, 'cause I have no idea what we're doing. But if we both happen to be free...I'd love to see you guys!

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

Also, Nevie has that same pink & brown dress from Downeast that Hallie has. Too cute!