Monday was a very busy day at our house! When my friend Janice and her girls are in town visiting from KY, we try to jam pack all the fun we can into not too much time. Mandy, Janice, Me, and our friend Aubrey (who just happens to do the best nails and glitter toes) came to my house for fun filled day. We had pizza, swam outside on the banzai, did nails…..I will just let the pictures tell of the fun:
After that I made my kids rest, because they had their last swimming lesson of the summer. I am SO glad we did the private one on one lessons. I now feel confident that if you threw my kids in a lake…they might be able to swim to the shore! Then we picked up Taylor (Janice’s daughter) and her cousin Makayla for a sleepover. We had to stop at sonic for a treat first. Between Sonic and the new ice cream shop my dieting is sure suffering! Anyways, we had a great sleepover, I sure miss having Taylor close by for Hallie:
Tuesday I cleaned house and caught up after the busy day before. Wednesday I cleaned for one of my cleaning clients. Then the kids and I got geared up for more fun. G.J. took Hallie and Gavin to the carnival. I got a babysitter for Kayler because it is just WAY too much for him. I went to one last girl’s night with Janice, Mandy, Aubrey, and Janice’s sister in laws. I will be honest, I am glad I missed the carnival and all the “carnies” not my favorite thing, but the kids had a blast, and I had a good night out on the town!:
Thursday brought more fun in because the Fair was still in town. The kids went to the candy drop, went to see if their pictures had won anything (thank goodness!-both blue ribbons!), and did the Little Red Barn. It was a fun night because after that Hallie and I stayed for a concert. Jodee Messina (sp?) I don’t actually listen to country music, but I did know quite a few of her songs. It was a fun night with yummy fair food and activities, music, and just enjoying the beautiful summer nights!:
Friday of course we couldn’t rest much with laundry and housework to do, the kids had eye appointments, and we went back to the mountain for one last night of camping for the summer. It was my parent’s ward campout. It is funny how going back to the ward I grew up in, no matter how much it has changed or how long it has been still makes me feel like I am truly at home and that I belong. My dad was part of a skit (Dr. Seuss’s Book of Mormon Story) It was hilarious. Afterwards Kayler got to wear his head band, and he sat SO serious for a few minutes, then he proudly asked me, “Do you want to hold Jesus?” Meaning he thought he was Jesus with his cool head wrap. Then some kid walked over and he asked them, “Hey, my name’s Jesus, do you want to play with me?” That kid sure brings some good laughs!:
We woke up early this morning and headed home from camping. I’ve said it once and I will say it before….camping is SO much work, and I have a hard time deciding if it is worth it or not until I look back at the pictures of my kids and the fun they have. We headed back to the fair for a Lego building contest. Hallie did a super good job. Gavin was just along for the ride and could have cared less if he won or not. Hallie was SO upset that she didn’t win. She hardly ever cries and my heart broke for her as she cried the whole way home because she thought hers was the best!:
I didn’t have time to rest long after that either. I was asked to lead the music for a funeral, so that took 2 hours out of my day. I came home to finish scrubbing the trailer so we could return it to G.J.’s parents after a SUPER fun summer of borrowing it. We came home to scarf down dinner and then headed to our little neighbor boy Jhett’s 2nd birthday! My kids were so excited to go. They love parties. They even turned down going to the demolition derby with my parents to go to the party! Gavin found his buddy Dylan there, and all 3 kids enjoyed a Thomas the Train themed party that was put together so cute by Jhett’s parents.:
After the party we had to come home to get some yard work done, finish putting away all of our camping stuff…and now here I sit in full exhaustion mode! As tomorrow is the 1st of August I also find myself in reflection about the summer and the whirlwind it has been. I always get a little bit of anxiety when August arrives because that means school starts soon, summer ends, and fall takes over. After fall is winter…and then I feel trapped until next summer! See-I worry/think too much! So until then, I will enjoy every second of every day of warm summer-like moments that we have!
5 comments:
you look so beautiful in that pic with hallie!! Love it
Wow! Even though Iw as fully aware of your week it exhausted me to read it. You have really been packing it in. That's awesome though. Thanks for coming over for Jhett's party. We really appreciated it and are grateful to have you as friends!
Thanks again for hosting nail day. Love all the pics... especially the one of you and Hallie.... you looke gorgeous.
Love the Pictures too! I agree with you about the camping thing! We just got back as well and I too came to the same conclusion that you came up with! Once I get there I Love it but hate getting ready and coming home...To Much WORK!
Love reading your blog! You never cease to amaze me Kandice! :O)
Busy busy...
You know, I had a hard time going back to our old ward I don't know what it was but it was hard for me.
Maybe I had pms. hehe
Anyways, it looks like your kids had a blast.
Post a Comment