Sunday, August 22, 2010

One Last Week....

Now where was I?…..I swear I have short term memory loss. It seems that some days are so boring, yet some are so jam packed with this and that-I need a camera documenting my every move to remember. So this post is brought to you only from memories from my camera and from me going back to look at my calendar to see what I did!

Tuesday Hallie and Gavin had an all day 4-H thing. They had SO much fun. That night was a family waterslide party. I don’t remember much of the night but I do remember Kayler trying to LICK my friend Mandy’s Husband’s tattoos off. He kept licking and rubbing them and reassuring Brett that his “stickers” would be off in no time!:




We tried to fill our days with fun, laziness, a little more fun, and some more relaxing. We were SO excited to find our garden producing so well. I didn’t even know this HUGE cantaloupe was growing! Kayler has found a new love for Lincoln Logs too. Even though we are having lots of fun, I did come to accept the fact that I am ready for the kids to go back to school. It is time…they are sick of each other, and I am sick of being a referee!:




Gavin went and played all day Friday at his buddy Sam’s-they are SO cute together, and Sam and his family are so good to Gavin and are such good examples. That night we let Gavin invite Sam and Hallie invited her cousin Alli over to go to the Rec Center. We had lots of fun until someone had to go and POOP in the pool! They made everyone go over to the cold pool while they completely sanitized the other one. We finished the night off by a projector movie in my cousin Heidi’s back yard.:





Saturday was FULL of fun. We had our friends the Holfeltz’s and the Deets’, along with Gavin’s buddy Dylan come crawdad fishing at G.J.’s parent’s ranch. If you have never been crawdad fishing before…let me tell you it is quite an experience! It is super easy and entertaining. We caught hundreds of them. We also saw a huge herd of LARGE elk, and a friendly coyote visited us too. That night we went to my parents house (they were out of town…might as well keep their house company right?!) and boiled up our crawdad’s. The weather was BEAUTIFUL…I just wanted to freeze time. We had a great day, and I am so grateful for good friends and food and the memories we make in this nice time of year!:



















Today was the same ol’ Sunday routine. Church, visiting family, and resting. We also had a nice rain storm….which I love. It was nice until we realized our rain gutter wasn’t draining right so I boosted G.J. onto the roof only to have a whole rain gutter of water fall on my head! Darn Kayler had thrown a ball into the gutter and it was clogging it. It was so cool to watch as we unplugged it and we let the water drip on our garden.

This week school starts! I am so TORN with this. I love love love the freedom of summer. It has flown by this summer, but we have done so many fun things I can't be too sad. Tomorrow we are having our annual back to school FHE where we go out to dinner as a family. We haven’t done that since this past January! We then let G.J. give the kids a father’s blessing and pick out outfits for the first day of school. It is a fun tradition.

Tomorrow will also be a big day for my brother. He is having a big surgery opening up his leg completely and removing all the dead tissue/flesh. Then he will have a tube in it draining the infection into a bag for the next 10-30 days or so….along with the major antibiotics. Let’s hope/pray this is the cure and relief he needs. We truly appreciate all the prayers on his behalf, he has been one sick dude!

So there you have it….sadly my last post of a full week of summer!

8 comments:

Candace and Brian said...

I'm glad you had such a great week. I don't want summer to come to an end but it will be nice to get everyone on a routine and maybe get some of our scheduled playdate time back. :) I'm sad we missed the Crawdad fishing. Looks like fun. I will pray for Kris and his surgery. I hope all goes well!

Jesenia said...

Wow, I had no idea about Kris, that is awful. He is in our prayers. I hope all goes well. Take care.

Janice {Run Far} said...

how funny he was trying to lick Brett's tattoo off.

melissa said...

We had so much fun crawdad fishing. Thanks again for the invite. Let's do that every year! Next time we'll know we don't have to cook as many :) I love your back to school tradition I may steal that when my kids go. We will keep Kris in our prayers.

Karlee said...

The end of the summmer means I am REALLY close to having three kids! :{ EEk!! :) I can't believe that it is already time for the kids to start back up in school. This really has been the fastest summer I've ever had! You were right, you did have lots of pictures to upload! No wonder it was taking a while. I enjoyed hearing how you've been spending your time and seeing your fun photos! Talk to ya soon!

BrItTneEanN said...

What are you talking about! Your life is not boring! You and the kids are always doing something fun. Sorry to hear you and your hubby get no alone time. I know will be in your shoes someday :)

Lacy said...

School is so bitter sweet for me too! Today was Questen's first day. I hate that he is no longer where I know exactly what he's doing and if he's okay. But am ready for a break from the kids little tiffs!

I had no Idea about Kris. I WILL pray for him.

Nathan and Shanna said...

Kids never cease to amaze me or entertain me for that matter! Crawdad fishing, never done that and actually cooked them up, but it sure looked fun. We have the same back to school tradition only ours is on Sunday, because Nathan has a meeting on Monday. I also hope all goes well with Kris, we will keep him in our prayers!
Thanks for sharing! I hope to be as good as you someday!