Monday was the first day of Hallie’s cheerleading clinic. I did my normal cleaning, laundry, yards, grocery shopping, etc. That evening it was our family’s turn to clean our church. We had my mom babysit Kayler so we could accomplish more quicker.
Tuesday was the cheer clinic again for Hallie. I also got to babysit my friend Karlee’s little guy Tate since she is coaching cheerleading. We had a great time running errands, and at my mom’s playground as well as another playground by Maeser:
After I dropped him off I had the fun task of registering all 3 kids for school-which is a LOT of paperwork and headache if you ask me! Hallie and Gavin have hardly any friends in their classes. I can’t decide if I am sad or glad about that. They might actually focus more on academics than social life this year! Gavin has Mrs. Struthers, and I am thrilled with that-she seems very sweet. Hallie has a new teacher named Miss Kimball-let’s pray she is good! Kayler is always having a teacher change which I think is a great move. Gavin invited his buddy Sam over to play for the afternoon since he was SO sad he wouldn’t be in his class this year.
That night I had a strong urge to go to the temple. So when G.J. got home from work I helped with dinner and then set out for a date night with myself! I will be honest-it was one of the most special sessions I have had in a long time. I decided to treat myself to a Farr’s fresh before coming home-it truly was a wonderful evening, even if I was by myself-sometimes a little peace is just what the Dr. ordered! The kids enjoyed a sleepover that night!:
Wednesday was my cleaning day for my friend Shauna-her house is massive, and I always leave pooped! I signed on 2 more cleaning clients-Christmas is fast approaching and money is needed, so wish me luck. Hallie still had the cheerleading clinic-which she liked more and more each day. That evening Hallie had her friend over to play. My friend Melissa and I took dinner to my cousin Kassi who just had her 3rd sweet and darling baby boy. Then my family went to my parent’s for a BBQ. Too bad it rained a lot, but I caught a beautiful rainbow and a great picture of my big crazy family together. It doesn’t seem to happen as often since my Grandma died, so I cherish every time we do have now:
Thursday I cooked for dinner group, took Kayler to the eye Dr. (which he is very close to needing glasses-curse G.J.’s bad eye genes!), and I babysat for my friend Dana. Her kids are 8, 10, and 12 so they played nicely with my kids. That evening was Enrichment night. I really do love my ward, and it is always good to get out and socialize and learn new things.
That evening my parent’s offered to take Gavin fishing for 2 days. He was SO excited to go, but poor Hallie was feeling so left out. She had agreed to water G.J.’s parent’s garden while they were in St. George for a few days. She is frantically trying to earn money for that puppy remember?-so if you have chores and want to pay her…she is ready and willing! She also had a performance for her Cheer clinic. So we sent Gavin on his way.
Friday I got a sitter for Kayler so I could head out and watch Hallie at her performance. I was so proud of her. She is so cute and tried so hard to do her best. That day I spent frantically doing laundry, washing all the kids school clothes, rearranging closets….I was pooped! Too bad we had another performance for Hallie at the football game. She again did great, and Kayler had a blast running all over the track and checking out the “ladies” He walked over to a group of girls and said, “why hello ladies….” He has done it a few times at church to the older primary girls too-I better watch that kid and the older women!:
We finished off with another Farr’s ice cream and headed home to catch some rest before our REALLY busy day Saturday. We had to wake bright and early to clean the church one more time. It didn’t take too long. I came home and did our yards, and G.J. took the kids to water his parents’ garden. Gavin arrived home and at 11:45 I had all 3 kids in the tub getting ready to go to our 10th class reunion luncheon at 12. I am pretty proud that we were only 10 minutes late with lunch in hand ready to go!
After that we rested a little at home. We didn’t get to rest long because we had a birthday party to go to at 4. Yet again we cut the time close as I was getting dressed and ready and trying to get our kids to the sitter (my parents) at 5 so we could head to our class reunion dinner. We picked up my good friend Jesenia Walker (Batty) and her husband Brian. We had our reunion dinner at Club XS. I will admit-I was nervous to go to the reunion…I just didn’t know what to expect. I wasn’t very excited. I was pleasantly surprised when we had a BLAST. The food was seriously SO good. I am going to take my family back to eat there. We had so much fun reminiscing and visiting. Everyone was so mature and grown up…not “high school-like” anymore. Everyone was happy for the accomplishments we had all made in the past 10 years. They gave out awards. I won the youngest classmate award-hmmm should I be proud of that? G.J. and I won the Married the longest award as well. After that we grabbed yet again another Farr’s, went to a “after reunion party” at one of my closest/longest friend’s Jessica’s house, and finally settled into bed close to 1 a.m.:
G.J. and I laughed at church that we had a fun “hangover” from being out so late. We just aren’t used to it! We really did have a great time, and I can’t wait until next year when I will celebrate 10 years with the class I was supposed to graduate with. Church was so great today. First off I just truly felt the spirit in our sacrament meeting. Primary went very smoothly for once, and I came home with a great attitude instead of the fully exhausted body/mind I usually do.
We went to visit our parents and had such a great night. I was just soaking every sight/sound/smell and moment in that I could. I truly love living in Vernal. I especially love it where I grew up. In a 5 minute walk we were wading in Ashley Creek. I almost wanted to cry as I watched my kids splash and play and giggle with us. It is memories like this that make being a mom all worth it.:
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Kayler found himself a little lizard when we got back. He is so darn brave that he stuck it right on his head and screamed bloody murder when we tried to take it off. That boy….he has been doing so well lately, and I thank the lord for every moment that is “easy” with him.:
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
So, there you have it! I truly did have a great week, even though it was so super busy. This is the last full week before school starts, and I don’t know how I feel about that :[ Oh well, all good things come to an end right? I just have next summer to look forward to already!
5 comments:
I agree not sure I'm ready for Summer to be over either. But ready or not it is coming to a close fast. Although as much as I love my kids the way they are acting today I will admit that I'm ready for them to be back in school!
I'm tired just reading about your week.
Wow! You weren't kidding when you told you had a busy week. What a fun way to end summer though. I loved reading about each event and how your kids reacted. I must say I see you often but you look great. I loved the picture of you and Jessenia! Hope to see you this week.
Please don't say the last week of summer!!! Holy Cow where has the time gone?! The months have just flown by! Sounds like a great week. Hallie was so cute at cheer! She is always so cute with Hallee too... and the pictures with Tate in them are so cute! I can't get over how pretty it is up at your mom's! Looks like he had a fun time. I appreciate you taking him amongst all that other busy stuff!!! Glad to hear you had such a fun time at your reunion! You looked super cute!
Sounds like you had a good week, cute pictures. Love wading in the ashley creek. :)
Post a Comment