Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I know you've been wondering.....

I imagine all my faithful blog readers have been wondering where my back to school post was....ok-maybe not! ;) But anyways, I wanted to wait until Kayler went back to school and do one big post. Well, that day was TODAY! So here are my back to school cuties:













They are all doing great! Hallie and Gavin both ADORE their teachers...and come home very happy. Lets hope that continues.

As for Kayler...he doesn't tell me much from school, but we met his teachers last week and I know they will do great with him!

Today when I sent Kayler off...I sensed freedom. I felt a little guilty, especially since when I put Kayler on the bus he looked at me with sad puppy eyes and said, "come with me mom..." that tugged at my heart strings a little...or a lot. But after my massage, bubble bath, lunch with G.J., washing the car, and alone time on the computer I didn't feel so bad!

Kayler goes at a different time this year. He goes Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 11-2, which is a weird time of day, but I will take it! I won't get as luxurious days as today often. I clean every Wednesday for different people, and I have my dinner group to take care of every Thursday...but I will take what I can get at this point! I truly trust and appreciate all my kids' teachers, and I am a much better-more rested mom when they come home! :)

We also enjoyed one last swimming trip at Ashley Creek. I don't know who the other kids are...they just happened to be there and kept getting in my pictures!;) (and yes, that is a water snake they are playing with...look close, eww!):






In other news...Kayler got new boots and a hat that he is THRILLED with!:



And that is that....hope everyone is doing well!

5 comments:

Danielle Hacking said...

oh wow! they are growing up too fast! They are all so adorable Kandice, so glad you are getting some you time!

Candace and Brian said...

I was looking forward to this post. You definitely do have some cuties! I just got your email and had to laugh. Don't feel bad...it goes both ways. Life has beena b it crazy but we're doing great!!! Glad you got some "me" time. YOu deserve it!

Janice {Run Far} said...

awww, they all three look so cute. not gonna lie.... kayler is especially cute.... thinking you want to go along with him. :)

Nathan and Shanna said...

I was wondering if you forgot to take pictures this year and then thought better! LOL! Kandice you are AMAZING! Keep smilin! :O)

Karlee said...

That is sooooo exciting! They all look so cute in their new clothes! I love first days of school. Now I know why that bench is sitting on your corner! :) It's a bus bench huh!