Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"labor" day weekend

I always love Labor Day weekend. This time was no exception. It is so good to get a little break from school and work. Not to mention the weather was absolutely pristine! Blue skies, a warm sun, and a small fall wind blowing. We had a great time!

Saturday G.J.’s sister was in town, so my kids had stayed the night at my in-laws Friday night. I had stake baptisms to attend to Saturday morning, but after that we headed to the ranch. We did a little more crawdad fishing. My parents, my brother Kris and his wife, and some of their friends joined us. After they left I taught Kayler how to “drive” he thought that was great!:



The kids have a blast playing in all of Grandpa George’s “junk” and his tractors. We made a drive up to the basin after that. They have a really nice new playground up there. They also set up a trampoline. You can’t really tell in the picture, but Hallie and Gavin are jumping in a forest in the dark!:







Sunday everyone woke up a little sick. Some sort of flu/cold/allergy thing. We stayed home from church. The kids quickly found something to keep them busy, sliding down the stairs in sleeping bags:



We went for a quick drive to the mountain to visit my brother Kael and his family. That night I came down with a nasty headache. I went to bed at 6:45 and slept until 9:45 the next morning. I was pooped!:



Labor day…I had plans to get my normal Monday housework done, but I was so tired and groggy from my long sleep the night before, so we just visited family. We let the kids ride Kael’s mini ponies. They are SO cute. It was good to see my brother Kris up and about. He really didn’t feel good all weekend, but he is slowly getting better. We also went to my parents, my Grandma and Grandpa Stewarts, and Grandpa Bowthorpes, where Kayler found a new friend…the sheep!:









So, it was a busy yet relaxed weekend. I wish the weather would have lasted, but as with all good things-it never does!

8 comments:

Jesenia said...

How fun, I love relaxing long weekends. Hope all is well.

Nathan and Shanna said...

I too love long relaxing weekends! Glad you had a good one!

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

Looks like tons of fun!

So glad Kris is getting better.

Miss you!

Kassi Luck said...

I am glad Kris is feeling better!! Sounds like a fun weekend, with the exception of the cold and you horrible headache.

Kelli said...

the kids on the ponies are so cute

Candace and Brian said...

It looks like a fun weekend. Those mini horses are darling. You'll have to take Jhett and I to see them one time.

Briana said...

You are always having fun...I love your picture on your blog, who took it?

Karlee said...

We really need to make a trip to the in-laws with you sometime! It looks like such a fun place! Those animals look like tons of fun as well!