I LOVE to see rainbows. Not only are they beautiful, but it means I have a little more time here on this earth. I don’t know much about the prophesy on rainbows and then end of the world and all that, but for now, I will hold to what I do know…that I love to see rainbows.
I took treats to Kayler's class on Monday for his Birthday. He was so cute...even though a little confused why I was at his school bringing treats and why he got to wear a crown!:
Monday we planted our garden. The weather has been so up and down, and the wind is driving me bonkers. We finally got it in, and let’s hope it works. Of course, we got it all planted, and then Kayler ran across it and messed it up, but oh well, we shall see in a few weeks how crazy it comes up . The kids had fun, and that is all that matters:
Yesterday my baby boy turned 4! This was the very first year that when you asked him how old he was he replied correctly, “four.” I asked him for weeks what he wanted for his birthday, and all he would say was “a cake.” Simple enough right? Well a friend of mine told me of a lady in Tabiona who makes the most awesome cakes. I called her and luckily enough her husband was working in Vernal this week, and so he brought it to me. Kayler wanted a Yo Gabba Gabba cake-it is his favorite cartoon. We settled on Plex from that show, and I think the cake turned out AWESOME….and better yet, it tasted absolutely delicious. I don’t know if I can ever go back to a store bought cake again. The real kicker is she only charged $15, and it was huge!:
We went to McDonald’s for lunch with Karlee and her kids Tate and Hallee. He had fun….stole a guys chicken nuggets….a ladies water….climbed completely in the basketball toy…..it was quite an adventure, but it was good to get out.:
G.J. and I and my parents bought Kayler a little playhouse. Since it was so windy yesterday, I had to put it together in the garage. He was so surprised and cute with it.:
Hallie made him a banner and hung it in the kitchen. Gavin was so cute and took a birthday sack in his room and put some of his toys in it to give to Kayler. I think the older 2 were more excited for his birthday than he was!:
We had the usual Grandparent/cousin birthday at our house. I will be honest, it was a very frustrating party. Kayler was beyond overwhelmed with the people, noise, presents, and chaos of it all. By the time we got to his cake, he laid on the floor and cried as you will see in the last picture-you only see his little legs. I had to blow out his candles for him. I just sat there with tears in my eyes thinking how sad it was that he couldn’t even enjoy his own birthday.:
I should probably explain the cucumber and tomato....yes they are real...yes he is obsessed....and he calls them bob and larry, they are members of our family ;) The picture of him blowing up a balloon is priceless. He has been doing that all day...and his little face gets SO red!
The night ended with G.J. leaving for Elder’s quorum stuff with me alone trying to clean up the party, do baths, homework, and etc.etc.etc.etc. I was VERY glad to wake up to a beautiful sunshiny day! I worked outside, did my Visiting Teaching, errands, took Kayler to his 4 year well child check up, more errands, got invited to play Bunco-which I hadn’t done in almost 3 years (and I won!-a cute apron), and now I am finally blogging. I hate getting behind because I feel like I am trying to cram all the events in without boring myself or my blog readers.
Tomorrow is my day to cook for my dinner group. Then I am going to make some mother’s day gifts that I signed up to do forever ago…I will post pictures. After that is Stake Primary meeting. Lucky me,I was asked to give a talk on how having a special needs child in Primary has affected me and give tips to other primary presidencies on how to help with special needs children in their wards. Any other week…I probably would have been o.k. with it. I am still kind of sad about the lack-luster sad birthday he had this week, so my emotions will probably get the best of me, but I pray that I can do a good job.
Other than that-my brother is coming out this weekend for mother’s day. I hope the weather is warm so we can spend lots of time outside. The sunshine is therapy for my soul…I love it. I hope all of you are doing well!!!
13 comments:
I have been anxiously awaiting this post. I have felt so distant this week thanks to germs. I know what's going on but haven't SEEN anything. There's too much I wanted to comment on but I'll try to remember. I LOVE the cake. Seriously it turned out awesome. You'll have to share the name because that's a deal! I LOVE the playhouse and will definitely bring Jhett over to play in it. He would love it. I'm sad about your garden. I was figuring since mine got stomped on, has froze, and is pitiful I could rely on yours for some good nourishment. :) I'm sorry Kayler had a rough party. He will get through it. Just remember Kayler will always do things "his" way. It's not right or wrong. It's what makes us all unique. Way to go with Bunco. I really would love to start a group. Last but not least GOOD LUCK with your talk. You'll do awesome and have a lot to share. You have seen the good and bad with it and have information wards need to hear. Talk to you soon (hopefully in person)!
Looks like he still had a fun day. He can cry at his birthday if he wants, it is his party.;) Someday he won't. The cake was amazing!
I would love to know some of the tips you gave in that primary meeting. I am chorister and we have a little girl with Asbergers. I really try hard to include her, but would love to do more.
I too have been anxiously awaiting your post. I think it still looks like he had a WONDERFUL birthday! That cake was amazing. I wish I had talent to do that myself. Keep us posted on how the Stake Primary meeting goes. I too am in the primary and we have a kid with special needs and would love to hear any advice you can give! You're awesome Kandice! I can hardly wait until the next time!
You will do amazing on your talk, so dont stress. You are so talented and you are so spiritually in tune that although it may be hard, you will do a great job and help the primary presidencies a lot!!
The party looked like a hit. I am sorry he had a bit of a breakdown when it came time for cake. He had probably been so overstimulated all day that he had had too much. I know Kayler and Madison(my niece) are nothing alike but I know that Brooke has started to break up the whole birthday thing so madi doesnt get overwhelmed. I am sure it is frustrating and hard but I am sure he had a REALLY great birthday!!
I hope this weekend is WARM too. and hope you have a great weekend!!
That cake is ADORABLE! And $15 is a steal! I'm glad he had fun at McDonald's and his class party, even if the big family party was a bit much for him. Poor little guy! You can see in his face in those pictures how overwhelmed he is! But you are such a good mom, and someday he will appreciate all you've done (well, I know he appreciates it now, but he might not tell you so. LOL)
Good luck with the primary talk...I think it's great that you'll be able to help other primaries help kids who need it.
And I love rainbows, too. Beautiful picture!
Ok...First: I am going to need the number for the cake lady because Kimball has a birthday on the 22nd. Pretty sure I am not going to feel adventurous enough to make whatever cake he decides he wants. Second: I totally understand how hard it would be to give a talk this week given your stressful week, but maybe it will make your talk that much more sincere? You will do awesome! Even though Kayler got overwhelmed, I am sure that his birthday was still special to him!!
Hey - we don't know each other very well but I wanted to let you know I follow your blog and am always amazed by your strength and faith. I can't imagine how I would handle all the trials you've been given but I am certain it wouldn't be with as much grace as you have.
Good luck with your talk - you'll do great.
I absolutely love the picture where his teacher is putting the crown on him and he looks a littl confused. He is just so stinkin cute I love em! By the way did I ever apologize for not calling you back? I really was grateful that someone cared enough to call and check on me! I love you keep up the good work, you are an awesome mom!
Well, sounds like you have been super busy! Your little guy is such a cutie, and I agree with all of the posted comments, he loves you, and you are a fantastic mother, really, that's all that matters...
I'm anxious to see how the garden works out, our got totally infested with clover, and its been so cold, I can't wait to see if anything even grows.
You are a sweetie, thanks for posting!
that cake is so cute. Kayler has the cutest little man face in so many pictures. I love the cucumber and tomato!!!
Sounds like I need to call ya to see how your weekend went!!! Hope your talk went great and I'm sure it was wonderful! I love stake days!! Thanks for letting us tag along to McDonald's! My kids had a blast and the chicken nugget incident was tooooo funny!
I love that cake. happy (very late( b-day) to kayler
I love the cake!! She did an awesome job. Man you are a busy girl. I get exhausted just reading about everything you do! :)
Post a Comment