Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Celebration

We have had a lot going on with the kids’ end of school activities. I have decided to save all the pictures and details and do one BIG end of school post when school actually is OVER in 2 weeks, Hooray!

G.J. and I had a wonderful anniversary celebration. I had kept it a secret from him. I felt bad, because it really was nothing too special. I decided it actually doesn’t take much to be special for us after 10 years of marriage and 3 kids though!

We left the boys with a babysitter so we could go to Hallie’s piano recital. Then G.J.’s parents watched the kids until 9:30 when my parent’s took over and kept them over night for us. G.J. and I went to dinner at Don Pedros…not too exciting, but it tasted great. We saw some friends the Holyoak’s there. We were laughing with them that we seriously eat out alone as a couple like 1 or 2 times a year-which they said they did too, so we didn’t feel too bad that we aren’t the only ones.

After that I seriously had made no plans. The main surprise was that I got us a room at the new Springhill Suites. It was super nice. We were commenting how weird it seems to have such a modern nice hotel right in the middle of Vernal. It was like we were somewhere far away, yet when we looked out the window, we were home. I had checked into the room earlier in the day with all of our stuff along with snacks, drinks, games….we had to keep busy. When you have kids I have decided that when you are alone you feel lost at what to do with yourself!

We sat in the hot tub, ate snacks, played phase 10, watched T.V.…we are WAY exciting aren’t we. It felt so nice to sleep in a comfy king size bed. We need to get us one of those one day! We slept in until 9:30 or so….that felt absolutely wonderful. We ate a nice free continental breakfast, and then headed to our last activity.

We went to the temple to finish off our celebration. For some reason going this time brought back a flood of emotion from 9 years earlier of when we were sealed for time and eternity as a family. I found this picture, it is not the best quality, but it is of my parents, G.J. and I, and a tiny (yet super chubby!) Hallie from 9 years ago. It was the best day of my life knowing that I would be together forever with the people I loved most.:



Sorry, that is the only picture I actually have….I didn’t even snap one of us on our celebration.

We left the temple to find it raining outside. Normally I love love love rain, but today I had wanted to get some work done outside. I guess there is always next week right? We went and got the kids and came home to unload and clean up from our overnight adventure.

The kids really want to go to the Rec. Center to swim. So I guess we will fill our afternoon with that. Then I have to get busy preparing a talk for Sacrament meeting tomorrow. As if my talk at stake meeting wasn’t enough…now I have to talk in front of an even bigger crowd. I really don’t mind it though. I end up learning so much, and I know we are blessed for our efforts.

We love you all, and thanks for being a part of our lives!

4 comments:

Candace and Brian said...

Glad you had a great night. Good luck tomorrow!!

Kyndi said...

K-I have to talk in sacrament mtg too!! Too bad we won't be at the smae mtg for moral support. Good luck! and I'm glad you two got to go out alone together-sounds like it was really fun!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

Sounds like a great little getaway! 10 years is a huge deal, no matter how you start. Congrats!

Kassi Luck said...

Sounds like a fun weekend to me!! How fun to just get to spend some time together. I am glad you had a great weekend and anniversary!! You two are so cute!!!