Thursday, May 27, 2010

End of year fun

As promised....a look back on all the end of the school year fun we have been having!!!

Hallie had her year end piano recital. She did AWESOME, and got several awards:



I was able to go with Gavin on his 1st grade field trip to the Naples City Offices and the Split Mountain Nursery. I had a good day, and he was so cute with me and his friends. I love that he still thinks I am “cool.” He still hugged me and called me “mommy” in front of his buddies. I hope it lasts for at least a few more years! I only got 2 pictures taken on the whole trip...on the bus-lame....I don't need to remind you all how bad I suck at picture taking:




My good friend LaToya came for a visit clear from Australia. She has been living across the world for the past 7 years, but since her family is here we get a visit once in a while. We went to dinner one night, and then had a play-date yesterday. There were 4 of the original 5 of us that hung out from 6th grade on-Heather, Toya, Steph, and Me. The only one we were missing was Nikki…who is in Spanish Fork. We have quite the group of kids amongst us. We had 2 extras yesterday (Toya’s niece and nephew), and some of our kids were at school, but amongst the 5 of us we have 4 girls and 7 boys!(And yes....I know you are thinking it...I look very obese and frumpy next to my beautiful friends. I am working on changing that!):





We have been enjoying the outside weather…when we actually get a good day here and there. Here are a few pictures I snapped the last few weeks. Kayler LOVES going on hikes with my dad, and he insists on wearing a hat just like his. I am so grateful my kids get to experience the great outdoors with my dad, he is the best grandpa ever! The other pictures are of Kayler and his massive yogurt face and my kids pretending to be midgets…lol!:





The kids have had several outside/field days the past few weeks. Kayler had his last Friday, but he was having a very very bad day, so we only stayed for apprx. 10 minutes and he cried the whole time. Gavin had a read-a-thon/lunch that I went to with him the same day. Today at school Hallie and Gavin are having a field day too…but I am not there to get any pictures.:





Last night Hallie had a really cute 3rd grade program. It was actually only for her class, but they did a play and got awards. I had a very proud mommy moment because Hallie was among the few that got high achievement certificates for every single category presented. We also had my Grandpa over for dinner before the program and Kayler played “bob and larry” with his real tomato and a dried up pickle with my grandpa. My grandpa thought it was hilarious that he could play for so long with that type of “toy”!:




I bought the kids these shoes as a good job/congrats type of gift for doing so well in school this year. Keens are my FAVE and this is a new/ less expensive style. Kayler got a pair too, but he wouldn’t give me his card or take off his new shoes for the picture.:



And finally, I have to share a funny. Gavin and his buddy Dylan want to have an end of school sleepover together. Anyways, Gavin was telling me that they had planned it at school and that he had a list of what to bring. Well take a look at the list:



You will need to click on it to see it better, but in case you can’t tell, his list says:


-Licorice
-Ben 10 Pajamas
-Nintendo
-Beer

I had to hold back my laughter as he was telling me about it and I was reading the list. I asked what he needed beer for. He replied, “we are going to drink it so we can grow a mustache.” I about died, but then I asked him if he meant Root Beer….he assured me they needed the real thing. Well, needless to say, we had a little talk about the dangers of beer and he understands now…I hope! Regardless, his little list is absolutely hilarious and priceless because he is just so innocent and cute!

I am SO excited for summer and all the fun it brings!!!! I hope we get to have lots of fun with all of you!

9 comments:

Kassi Luck said...

I am laughing at how cute Gavin is. I love his list. so great!! Sounds like a busy end of school year for your family. Congrats on all the awards they got!! That is so awesome. After Memorial Day I am going to try and have a bbq so I will give ya a call.

Kassi Luck said...

Oh and by the way, I dont think you look obese or frumpy. You are darling, beautiful, adorable, gorgeous, etc. I know exactly how you feel though. It seems like when I get together with some friends I feel that way too. But seriously I think you look great. I was told the other day by my dr that it wasnt a big deal that I had only gained 5 pounds this pregnancy because I was at a higher weight. He would only be worried if I had been thinner. Yuck, love to hear that!!

Candace and Brian said...

Glad things are going so well and school is almost out. Your kids are so darling and it seems you have been keeping busy. I really hope the "beer" scheme wasn't with a Dylan I know. :) Glad you got with your friends. You don't look frumpy either. Miss ya!

Josh and Kristen said...

Haha! Gavin's list is funny! You really have been busy with all these activities and what-not. And I agree with Kassi and Candace... YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! You look great.

Lacy said...

I feel the same way when I get with my friends, but you shouldn't feel that way. You look aweseome!

Great job Hallie!

Whit said...

Oh my how cute are your kids they crack me up! I love that he want's beer to grow a mustache! So fun to get together with old friends...speaking of when are we going to get together?!

Lindsey said...

Thanks for the posting the picture of you girls. I would have loved to have seen Toya. You all look great.

Janice {Run Far} said...

hilarious.... that Gavin is so adorable. I love the shoes. If they aren't Keen's then what brand are they? do the kids wear socks? if not then how do you keep them from getting stinky? I love em.

Karlee said...

I love the end of the school year! One big party! We'll definitely have to plan some fun things with all of the kids now that you've got them all day! Lots of cute pictures and I LOVE the beer story! You need to keep that list forever! I'm glad we got to hang out last night! I enjoyed it lots!