The past few weeks have brought a few new very loved and appreciated items to our home. One was a hand me down, this ladder shelf from my mom. It is actually brand new, she just didn’t like it and was too lazy to send it back so it now has a home at my house!:
Kayler now refuses to sit in a high chair, so we have looked for months for new bar stools. We finally found some at Western Living (my friend and fellow food groupie Stephanie Tucker works there). We have 5, so we can all eat at our bar. We have a dining table with 6 chairs, but it seems so formal for snacks and all that, so I wanted these to allow us to all sit and eat together:
While looking at Western Living, we found a sectional. We have wanted one to fill our massive family room downstairs. When we finished the basement over 3 years ago, we got hand me down furniture from my grandparents and my parents. I didn’t think we would ever find a set we liked or have the money to buy it. Well we happened upon this beauty, sold the other furniture in the first day it was in the Nickel Ad, and my parent’s gave us a very generous anniversary gift…some money to pay for the couch!:
Yes, I know it is VERY large, but it fits the room well. We are saving up for a matching ottoman to put in the middle to break it up a little.
The last thing is something we had been waiting for the past 10 years for-a new bedspread. When we first got married, G.J. had a nice bed, and I had a nice bedspread with all the decorations to go with it. We just used it all these years. I really didn’t want to spend the money to redecorate the whole room to change colors and curtains, flowers, pictures…all that. So, while at Western Living, I found this one, and it worse perfectly with our room!:
So there you have it, a few reasons why I have been missing in blog action for longer than usual, and a sneak peek at some new fun things.
This is a side note….after all these purchases, just our luck- G.J. finds out that a pay cut or increase in insurance costs are going to happen at work. I was very frustrated, because in his blessing when he was set apart in the Elders quorum, the stake president blessed him TWICE that he would be blessed financially. We are always very blessed, and I never forget to notice the lord’s hand in that. I just was never expecting a CUT in pay when what he makes is barely enough. So on that same day, I got me 3 cleaning clients. It is funny how the lord answers prayers. The girls I clean for are all close friends, and they are so appreciative of me coming. Now I feel like I can contribute a tiny bit of money, and get an out 1 day a week cleaning.
Other than that, we are SO looking forward to only 5 weeks left of school HOORAY! I am ready to have my kids back all to myself and to have some fun. We are also going to be celebrating out TEN year anniversary on May 13th!
Something I am not looking forward to is the 1 year anniversary of the passing of my beloved Grandma. This Wednesday, the 28th marks that day. It seems like so long ago, but when I think of it, it could have been yesterday. The pain has dulled with time, although there are days that I miss her so bad it makes me sick. I love you Grandma!
10 comments:
How fun!! I love all of your new things!! hand me downs are the best and I am so excited for you to have new couches, stools, and bed spread. That is so fun. I will be thinking of you on Wednesday. I know exactly how you feel. We all need to get together soon!!
nice!! that couch is large and in charge! All the more reason to
pARTEYYY!
oh and if your looking for more cleaning jobs I know someone. Let me know!
I love the new stuff. We need to have a movie night and try out the new couches :) Wow, 10 years, time seems to fly by doesn't it?
I lover your new stuff! We should get together sometime. It seems though that since I live in Roosevelt and you in Vernal, that when I am in Vernal I am jam packed with all I need to get done that I don't have the chance to call and see friends. Wow, 10 years Congrats! In July it will be 15 for Nathan and I. Time sure does fly!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new purchases. I really do. Curious, do you hire out for spring cleaning???? I need to get mine done!!!! I am shocked it's been a year with your grandma. I too remember that like yesterday. I hope you feel at peace and comfort this week and know we all love you.
Wow! Look at all that new stuff! It's like a new place over there! I still want to come see it in person. I love it all! I recognize those barstools! I have the same ones :) Mine are the black version. I love them. You'll be sad when you get a little scratch on the wooden seats, but they are very good and solid! You'll have to get the matching table one of these days! :) I just ordered extra chairs so we have six at the table and two at the bar and just move them around when we need more at either place! They look great in your place! You weren't kidding that is a big couch! I really like it! It's nice to be able to spread out and watch movies I bet! Glad you made it through your week!
I just love your posts, you are always so mindful of the Lord and his blessings! Thanks for that reminder.
great couch. Love it. You really are blessed in so many ways.
Isn't it funny how a hand-me-down or a new purchase just maes everything so different and fun. Everything looks great. Glad things came together for you and that you have such a great attitude about it.
oh my heck, I love that couch! love love love it
Post a Comment