Friday, January 29, 2010

My new treasure

I think my life and attitude are slowly starting to improve. I have lots of details I could blog...but for now I will just focus on the good events of this last week!

We celebrated G.J.'s 28th Birthday Monday!



Thursday I went to a much needed playdate/get out of the house activity with Karlee and Candace, along with their cute kids Jhett, Tate, and Hallee




And finally....I finished a project that has been on my mind for many many months now. I got all of my Grandma's clothes after she passed away last April. I tried several times to start on this quilt...but emotionally it was too hard. I finally got started after Christmas. I cried as I found the little tissues she always carried in her pocket...along with her breath mints. Her clothes smelled just like her. After awhile, it was actually peaceful. It turned out beautiful. I made a lap quilt for my Grandpa too. Her clothes were all so soft from being worn so much. She never was a fancy dresser, and wore things until they couldn't be repaired. She had these soft little levis that she always wore too. I pieced it all together, and then had it quilted with soft minky on the back. I will cherish this forever and ever.


10 comments:

Candace and Brian said...

WOW! What an absolute treasure. I love it and it's not even my grandma. What a great idea.
Happy Birthday GJ! I remembered and was going to do something then completely forgot. I"m SOOOO sorry. You're so lucky to have him in your life. He's a great guy!

Kelli said...

that quilt is beautiful! way to go! and since christmas you did that. your a wonder woman!

Ben and Marcie said...

The quilt is awesome! What a great thing to have to remember her by, you will treasure it forever! I'm sure your grandpa loved it too!

Mandy said...

Your quilt turned out AMAZING! Great job! I am so glad you were able to finish that project. It will be something you will treasure FOREVER!

love you!

Kristi said...

What a wonderful idea, I bet your grandpa loved that you made one for him as well! I am glad everything is getting a little better...

Karlee said...

Oh you finished it! It looks beautiful! What a wonderful accomplishment! Happy Birthday to GJ!!!

Briana said...

That is so awesome about the quilt! What a great idea!

Janice {Run Far} said...

what a great treasure. I am sure your grandpa is very grateful for your hard work. Love you.

Kassi Luck said...

It turned out so good. I bet your grandpa loved his as well. What a great gift to give him.

Heidi J said...

Wow Candace. That is a great idea and a perfect way to remember someone. You did awesome on the quilt!