This is my kids on New Year’s Eve….I heard giggling and went down to check on them and luckily had my camera close by to catch this moment…lol-sorry for the nudity, that is a common occurrence with Kayler at our house!
We had a great New Year’s Eve and Day. It has been SO nice to sleep in and have the kid’s home (except when they fight because they are so sick of being with each other!) My mom let Hallie and Gavin stay the night Wednesday night, and she was so nice to take Kayler to stay the night Thursday so we could go to a little get together with our friends.
We were at the Masons with the Nielson's, Allred's, and other Nielson's. It was a fun group! Hallie and Gavin had a ton of fun playing dress up.
While playing dress up they found some hair spray and they were so thrilled when they got to die their hair for New Years!
We played Guesstures, the bag game, Nertz, a guessing game, and I forget what else.
Hallie found her a baby Hallee to play with and Gavin played with his good buddy Dillon from school.
We didn’t get to sleep until almost 2 after we got home and got settled, but we made up for it by sleeping in until 10:30 the next morning….boy did that feel good!
New Year’s Day we just did stuff around the house. G.J. helped Gavin build the huge Lego pirate ship he had got for Christmas.
We had a spaghetti dinner at my parent’s house, then had our good friends the Durham’s over for some treats and Wii time. I only snapped one picture because Kayler was on the rampage as usual, so I didn’t have time to capture any good shots.
Today is just boring as usual. Stuff around the house and relaxing. The kids got the cutest snow house from G.J.’s parents, so I sent them out to play. They had a lot of fun, even if it was only 9 degrees outside.
Tonight will be a girl’s night for my friend Candace’s birthday. Then 11 o’clock church tomorrow, HOORAY! Then back to the grinder of school and everyday life on Monday. This truly has been a great holiday season. Good food, fun with family and friends, health, safety, and happy times! All good fun things must come to an end right?
7 comments:
I love your idea for new years resolutions. I too usually have the same problem of deciding I'm going to change so much only to fall short, so I think I'm going to try your trick this year as well. Looks like you guys had a great holiday!!
love the snow house. how fun is that. I wish I was one of your kids! Hugs and happy new year
Glad we were able to spend New Year's Eve together. It was so much fun. Thanks again for the birthday dinner. It was a blast. You are such a great friend and I'm so grateful for you.
I have some catching up to do! I am just barely finding time to get on here for about a month now! Wow! I am glad we were all able to get together for New Years. That was lots of fun! I'll have to come back and read your other posts... Tate is causing some trouble that I need to run!
Sounds like you guys have had a lot of fun. I was gonna tell ya, after my grandpa died, we made a big block quilt for my dad out of his cloths. Just an idea for ya. He loved it!!
Lol! I'm still laughing at yor naked little jay bird. Love it!
I had to catch up on the last several posts... you guys are a great family and both you and GJ are great parents! While I don't understand what it is like to have the challenges of Autism in my home, I do understand how hard it is to learn and adjust to a child who will have a lifelong challenge. I don't pretend to understand all that you are going through, just that I can empathize with some of what you are feeling. You are a great mom and all three of your kids are lucky to have you!
Post a Comment