Saturday, January 16, 2010

Today is a Gift...

I always like to document the positive. Even though I don’t have many pictures…I would like to post a few things/thoughts.

Although I am still COLD!-I have enjoyed a few small and simple things the past 2-3 days.

I made a big dinner Thursday, and so I invited my Grandpa Bowthorpe over, and it was so nice to have him here with us.

I enjoyed a beautifully warm night in the temple last night. It is always so refreshing.

This morning, I couldn’t sleep. I woke up and finished the “Virtue Challenge” our stake started the beginning of September. Part of the challenge was to read the Book of Mormon. I finished this morning right as the sun was coming up, before anyone else was awake, and it was just so peaceful. I stole this picture off my friend Steph’s blog. She took it a few days ago…and it was similar this morning:



I helped a friend today…that always makes me feel good.

We went to a wedding reception tonight and left Kayler with my Grandma and Grandpa Stewart. They haven’t ever watched him, so I was a little nervous. He did GREAT though, and they were thrilled to have him, and he was so cute with them.

So for now….even though it is COLD! I will enjoy these few things, and share with you a quote, which I just happened to hear from one of my kid’s movies, but it really hit home for me:

“Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, but Today is a Gift-that is why it is called the Present…..”

3 comments:

Candace and Brian said...

Thanks for your positive outlook today. The sunrise was beautiful.

Lacy said...

I've had such a rough beginning to this new year! Thank you for having a positive post. I needed to read it.

Karlee said...

Donny and I watched a sunrise similar the other day! So pretty! Good job on your virtue challenge! Were you watching Kung Fu Panda??? That's it isn't it? :) I'm gonna try calling you in a bit... hopefully we can talk!