Thursday, January 14, 2010

That "blue" time of year.

It’s “that” time of year….It is the middle of the school year, the middle of the winter, the middle of the month….what else, oh yeah, it is VERY COLD OUTSIDE-and just BLAH all around!

I am not a winter person. I will not bore you with the many many reasons why, but let me just say I have been this way since I was little. I get the winter blues like nothing else. I feel tired, achy, ornery, bored, lazy…..just not very nice. It would be better if I would get off my butt and exercise a little more, eat a little better, and get with my friends and family more often, but like I said, I just don’t feel like it!

On Tuesday night, Gavin and I headed to Salt Lake for his Dr. check up on Wednesday. Since his birthday is next week, and it just happens to be in the dreaded winter, I wanted to make it special for him. We went to Toys R Us and I let him pick his birthday present. He was so cute because he kept picking stuff out for Hallie and Kayler, not himself. I finally convinced him to get some more pirate legos to go with his pirate ship. Then we headed to Olive Garden for a little pre-birthday dinner date. He had gotten a birthday crown at toys r us and he insisted on wearing it to the restaurant.



He slept so good that night at my brothers house and then we did a little shopping and snacking the next morning. Then the Dr. appt. went great. It was a new Dr., and I was thrilled with her. She did lots of tests, gave us some really cool new meds. to help with his stomach problems and she was just so nice. We will know more next week about the results.

The main thing I enjoyed was the warmth in Salt Lake. Yeah-pathetic that 45 degrees was warm, but it is much warmer than the bone chilling-snot freezing weather here! It was so heart warming as we drove away from Vernal seeing the temperature rise. Then it was quite depressing driving back and having the temperature fall the closer we got to home.

But, I can’t be all negative here. I am grateful for my wonderful husband who stayed home with Hallie and Kayler so I could have a special time with Gavin. On the way home Gavin said, “Mom, I am the luckiest boy that ever was….today has been the best!” It just made me feel so glad to let him have some special time. As if being the middle child was bad enough, his little brother takes a lot of attention from all of us, so I think he deserved that special trip, even if a Dr. visit and needles were involved!

I also can’t help to look forward to February. That is the last full month of winter. It also has Valentine’s Day, which I love. It also is a shorter month, which helps a little too. Then comes March and hopefully the start (slow start…we are in Vernal remember!) to Spring and Summer! Then I will be back to my normal happy self!

I hope everyone is doing well…If you are a fellow winter blues sufferer, I am sorry! Have a good day!

p.s. Her are some randoms from the last few weeks.

Kayler always sleeps in the oddest positions. It used to make me super nervous, but now I figure if he is sleeping that is all that matters!

Last Friday we had a little play time with Oscar and Sandy Rasmussen-Hallie and Gav.'s best buds and our neighbors. They are moving this week, and we are so sad. We also had Gavin's buddy from class Dillon Mason.

Then there is Kayler in G.J.'s Superman outfit from when he was a little boy. He stayed in it for about 3 days. And Gavin made a silly mask in one picture.




5 comments:

Kassi Luck said...

Love the pics, they are so cute!! That is one cute superman!! I am glad you were able to spend some special time with Gavin and how sweet to have him tell you that he is the luckiest boy. HOpe it starts to warm up sooner than later. This cold is definately getting way old!!

Nathan and Shanna said...

Super Cute pictures! I love the Superman outfit. I too am tired of the cold but am thankful that I have people like you to help me remember to look forward to Spring!

Candace and Brian said...

Loved Spiderman!!! I'm with you on the winter blues. Luckily the sun makes me happy. You're kids are so sweet and say the cutest things. So fun! As miserable as we both feel we need to get together.

Candace and Brian said...

Loved Spiderman!!! I'm with you on the winter blues. Luckily the sun makes me happy. You're kids are so sweet and say the cutest things. So fun! As miserable as we both feel we need to get together.

Kelli said...

I love all the pics of your kids, they are so cute. Glad you had some one on one with Gavin. check your calendar and see if you have any doc appointments in SLC the last week of march to conv weekend. I will be in Provo that week and we could meet for lunch if your around.