Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Weigh in Wednesday, and another Loss.

I was not looking forward to this post. I am determined for the length of this 10 week nutrition class to do this post every Wednesday no matter what though. It is a big motivator to me for some reason. This week was not anywhere near as good as last weeks weigh in. I only lost 1/4 pound…That means I have lost 5.5 lbs overall, and have 18.5 until my goal.

I could make excuses, but I just won’t. Instead, I will explain what I think happened. A woman’s body goes through so many hormonal, water, and muscle changes while losing weight that it can fluctuate by 5 lbs in a week easily. I need to be grateful that I didn’t GAIN weight. I am just sad because I worked out harder than I ever had last week. I was at the Rec. Center 4 days doing hardcore cardio. Then I did some intense Pilates on the weekend. I only had 2 “big” treats…1 cupcake, and a child sized ice cream while on vacation. My meals were balanced; I drank lots of water…blah blah. I think that I gained a lot of muscle mass. I only weigh once a week on my super nifty scale that I enter my Age, Height, Gender…then it tells me my weight, body fat, body water, bone mass, and BMI. Even though I didn’t lose too many pounds, I lost 3% in body fat, so that is great. It is so weird how weight loss works. On the weeks that I lose a lot of weight, I am SO motivated to do even better and keep at it. On weeks like this one, I get discouraged and feel that my hard word is not paying off and I am tempted to quit. I will not quit though…I never have been a quitter. Keep moving forward right!!! I am looking forward to a wonderful week!

On a totally different note, my tiny little Gav lost his first tooth!!! We were having Family Home Evening Monday and I noticed it was wiggling a lot when he talked. I didn’t even have a clue that it was loose! I asked him if I could tie a string around it. (I LOVE pulling teeth…I know, mean/weird) Well, before I could even get a string tied, it fell out into my hand. He screamed, cried, was quite the drama king….lol, then he was super happy. I don’t think he fully understood the idea of the tooth fairy. He put his tooth in Hallie’s tooth fair pillow that night(because he didn't have one yet), and was pretty surprised/confused that there was money in the morning! We bought him a pillow of his own. Wish our families “tooth fairy” luck keeping up with all these lost teeth! Have a great day!



(of course his will say Gavin on it!)

11 comments:

Kassi Luck said...

I remember those weeks when you would work your butt off and eat right and your would only lose 1/4 to a 1/2 a pound. So frustrating. You are still doing good. Keep it up.

Nathan and Shanna said...

I too am having the same problem with weight loss during those weeks, so yes your not alone, and good job in still losing weight:) Keep it up I know you can do it! Little side note my Salem lost his first tooth the other day as well.

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

That close up picture of Gavin just cracks me up-I can't tell you how many of those there are in my baby/childhood scrapbook. Love it! Don't get discouraged with the lbs. One day at a time.:)

The McClellan Clan said...

hang in there girl!! its crazy how your body works. But keep up the work. I was doing so good then I stopped, and to think how buff I could look right now kills me!! so DON"T do what I did!!
See after they loose one tooth they look so big!! Happy for the big guy. Cute pillows!!!

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

A loss is a loss. Keep up the good work. You can do it!

Janice {Run Far} said...

you goota take the 1/4 pound and continue to do your healthy thing. Look at me talking all big, I have had a hell week and have eaten crap. Yes your body does go through hell and back in a month as a women. Just keep working hard and it will come off.

Kelli said...

atleast even if you only lost 1/4 pound you can see the % of fat lost on your scale, thats so cool.

Hillary said...

I'm with you, there is nothing more discouraging, then working your butt off and just feeling like the payoff is not enough. But I am impressed by the body fat loss. That's huge. Hang in there a week at a time. You'll do great.

Mandy said...

Hi! I miss you!

Kristi said...

I agree I am way impressed with the % you lost, that is awesome. It is weird though how we train ourselves to want to see the lbs fall off, even if we are getting smaller. Dido, I love that up close picture of Gavin!

Kael and Katy said...

Thank you so much for adding me to your blog! It is so cute, and so are your kids! I am so excited to keep in touch with you!! :) I think that someday all of us (our old food group) and anyone else should go to lunch or do something fun :) OH and I'm so jealous you got to leave Vernal for a few days! How fun!!