The kids had so much fun yesterday at their Valentine’s Parties.
I had to do a "valentine" hairdo for Hallie of course!
Kayler after his party. He was so excited at the candy!
Gavin with his goods.
Hallie got flowers from her daddy. She was there when the delivery man came. She looked at the flowers for awhile then asked, "they are really pretty, but do I know that guy who brought them for me?" I had to quickly set her straight that he was the "delivery man"....they were from her DAD, not him...lol, silly girl!
Having Valentine’s Day on a Saturday seemed weird for some reason. Hallie had stayed the night at my parents. G.J. and I had volunteered to clean the church, so we took the boys and our job was the chapel. It was so cute to see Gavin straightening hymn books, and Kayler singing “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star” to his hearts content in the microphone (turned off of course)
After that we went to get Hallie and get the fun Valentine gifts from my parents. G.J.’s mom and dad had already made a quick trip through town and brought the kids LOTS of goodies; let’s just say they were spoiled rotten this week. We went home for a heart shaped lunch….PB & J, which was as creative as I could get.
Hallie, Gavin, and I went to the Rec. Center with my brother and his family. The kids had a lot of fun. Me….not so much fun. The water is cold, there are a million people, and you have to walk out into below freezing temperatures to come home.
After our baths we made a huge batch of Valentine cookies to deliver to our family. I am so proud of myself that I only ate 2. We only have 4 or 5 left and I will designate them to my hubby and kids, and the rest are on plates to deliver to our grandparents.
G.J. and I got a babysitter so that we could go to the Stake Conference adult session. First off, I had forgotten it was Stake Conference. I was planning on going to church tomorrow, and preparing myself with dread to drag Kayler there…I know, bad attitude, but it is hard. Then I realized it was not church, and was excited to go on a little date and I really enjoy Stake Conference.
Well we got the kids fed and settled, picked up my cute little cousin Baeli to babysit and headed to the Stake Center. There were NO cars there. Hmmm…..what the heck?!?! Well, we quickly realized that it was at 7, not 6…duh. So we went to Wal-Mart and got the kids some “Disney” stuff to wear on our vacation. I am so so so mean. I really really do not like character stuff in any way shape or form. My kids maybe have one or two screen printed character type things in their closets. I wanted them to “look the part” on our trip, but did not want to spend a TON at Disneyland getting them stuff. So we found them each a pair of shoes and 3 shirts….and guess what, ALL ON CLEARANCE!!! WOO-HOO!
We finally made it back to Stake Conference, at the right time, had a nice time, and came home…boy it has been a long day. Now G.J. and I are waiting for the kids to go to bed so we can try to get things organized and lined out for our trip. Only 9 days until we leave!!!
Hope you all had a special Valentine’s Day. Even though my day wasn’t spent all alone with G.J. doing romantical things, I feel very blessed to have spent it with all the loves of my life…my whole family, and nothing is more special than that!
10 comments:
Sounds like your little fam had a fun V-day! And you are so good to do Hallie's hair in a cute heart! sounds like such a fun day! I totally spaced it this year,usually I'm so prepared with fun things for Makynlee, but not this time! I didn't even get my V=day gifts until about 3:00 this afternoon!! oops! :) I'm glad that some of us are at least prepared and fun Moms haha :) Your kids are so cute!!
I'm glad you had a good day Kandice! It was good to see you there at the Stake meeting. Hallie's hair looks awesome. I just need to come over so you can help me learn to do Natalie's hair. So it isn't always in a ponytail! ;)
Don't feel bad about thinking that Stake Conference was at 6:00 - I actually had to show Jeff the stake calendar to prove to him that it was at 7:00! It was good to see you there! I am so excited for you and SO jealous that you get to go to Disney Land! Remember - bring me back your evaluations and do's and don't's! It is fun to get to see you more! What a great Valentine's Day your family got to have! Remember those days! Especially when you have hard ones!
sounds fun~ hey which sight do you find your backgrounds on? they always are beautiful. And if you give step by step directions I can probably do it.
What a fun Valentine's day! Hallie's hair is so cute. When Nevie gets enough hair, you're going to have to give me some lessons.
I totally agree with you on the Facebook thing. It drives me nuts. Another thing I hate about it is it makes it soo easy for people to start talking to ex-boyfriends or ex-girlfriends...and I just don't think that's a good thing for married people to do. I know it's usually harmless, but you just never know what a little Facebook chatting might turn into...
Anyway, only 5 days until you will be here! I'm sooo excited! Luckily, we were all sick last week and got that over with so now we should be healthy for your visit. I can't wait!
Sounds like a really nice Valentines Day to me. Your Hallie is so cute. How funny that she thought the flowers were from the delivery man but I LOVE that her dad sends her flowers how special is that. I need to call you sometime this week to ask you a few questions about Glenwood.
Glad you had a great Valentines Day. I love it too for those silly reasons and I love to GIVE presents. So glad you are almost headed out for your trip. I am jealous. I'll talk to you soon!
Hi Girl! It looks like you guys had a loving v-day! How exciting that you are going to Disneyland. We just got back, but last time we were there ON v-day and it was fun. It will be a good time to go... See ya! I only get to check on all my blogger friends so seldom... :)
Sounds like a wonderful Valentine's to me. I think Hallie's hair was so cute. And your lunch meal was very creative. I on the other hand totally hate Valentines. I know I'm a stick in the mud. Don't get me wrong I love chocolate, but I hate flowers, just because I think they are a waste of money and they don't last long!
Court and I spent all of Valentines Day painting, but it was so much fun. I am glad you had a good day, Hallie's hair is super cute.
Post a Comment